New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Klass62 Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:41 am
Well said bro

Lampdog wrote:The problem is Mac has normal and below users brainwashed imo.
Normal and above users also know Mac is a computer just like anything else.
The Mac OS is more stable and less intertwined with programs than Windows based OS's.
There is something else, something. OP is not telling the whole story imo or honestly just doesn't know (this happens ALOT unfortunately).

Not defending Mac/PC even though idc for Mac. I'm defending common sense which isn't so common.
I have built all my own PC's, have the knowledge to repair software and hardware, never had major problems, usually only problems I started because of curiosity :(
By Lampdog Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:42 am
Oh ok, sorry for overreaction. I just don't like when people use phrasing that's cliche and easy to excuse certain things. I know people that have viruses on Mac's contrary to popular belief that Mac's can't get viruses.

So again, sorry.

Try not to get frustrated. There are probably many other things you can do to keep your musical streak going.
By Klass62 Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:49 am
Thx bro

Danoc wrote:Ima go head and say it. THATS NOT THE COMPUTER THAT'S YOU MESSIN UP!

Dude l have Win 10 on a Dell laptop and both my installments went through smoothly.

You're buying stuff you don't know anything about. Getting a Mac won't silve the issue.

Theres a video on UTube giving instructions.

Klass62 wrote:Yeah man I need someone to take me as an apprentice lol

Last night I pulled out my practically new Lenovo i7 Flex laptop to download the new 2.0.5 update and the damn laptop would boot then power off , I'd boot it and it would power off over and over even trying to boot off USB and recover it just shuts down its hardly used and I don't know if it's hardware or some Windows 10 patch .. shoulda just got a MAC but I've always used Windows just accustomed to it.

So anyways my hope of updating my MPC went down the drain last night just happy I didn't install the software then lose one of my licenses.

I still haven't figured out how to load a drum sound on 1 pad and another sound on another pad rather than having to load a whole kit ..
do you need to load a whole kit per track?

Thanks for all your infos my bruthas
:smoker:
By Lampdog Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:54 am
So yeah, if your feeling a slump bring it up in a thread and people who felt that way before I'm sure they will answer up with how they got through it.
By Klass62 Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:56 am
I know what you sayin bro, it'll all get resolved sooner or later, For now I'll just mess with the hardware lol

Lampdog wrote:Oh ok, sorry for overreaction. I just don't like when people use phrasing that's cliche and easy to excuse certain things. I know people that have viruses on Mac's contrary to popular belief that Mac's can't get viruses.

So again, sorry.

Try not to get frustrated. There are probably many other things you can do to keep your musical streak going.
By Danoc Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:17 am
Where did you get that from? If you have 2o tracks they should be separate. In case you like edit you can edit specifically that note and not run the risk of messing up other notes in the process. But if that's how you work l have no quams. Pros no matter doing music for tv/film and using cues to music for a record keep tracks separated.

Automageddon wrote:
..., in most cases it's easier to just use on track when composing
By Klass62 Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:36 am
When you boot the MPC X the default screen lets you choose one of the demo sections or at the bottom left says Empty Project..

If I load a demo or in a current saved project how can I load a new Empty project without having to shut the MPC off and back on?
By marctronixx Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:15 am
from the main screen..
folder icon top left...
bottom left "new" icon...
will ask if you want to save project. if you dont...
click "dont save"
mpc X or live wil show the hourglass screen and boot back to the demo page.

this is current firmware and old firmware too.
By Klass62 Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:05 pm
Thx bud

marctronixx wrote:from the main screen..
folder icon top left...
bottom left "new" icon...
will ask if you want to save project. if you dont...
click "dont save"
mpc X or live wil show the hourglass screen and boot back to the demo page.

this is current firmware and old firmware too.
By Klass62 Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:21 pm
This is a First time MPC user question..

Can the MPC X record sounds from an external midi keyboard?

I watched some videos and connected everything correctly from what I can see,
Midi out keyboard to midi in MPC
Midi in keyboard to midi out MPC
Both on channel 1

I can use the keyboard to play Internal MPC sounds and record them that works fine,
but can I play and record the keyboard sounds into the MPC?

Can someone please help
Thx
By Lampdog Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:59 pm
Klass62 wrote:but can I play and record the keyboard sounds into the MPC?

What model/brand of midi keyboard do you have?
By Danoc Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:06 am
Of course you can. The X has inputs. You need two audio cables 1/4 going out from your keyboard into the inputs of the X. If you put the cables into imputs 3/4 you need yp gp inside the x and make 2 audio tracks and set them to 3/4 and arm them. Arm the tracks then record.

Klass62 wrote:This is a First time MPC user question..

Both on channel 1

I can use the keyboard to play Internal MPC sounds and record them that works fine,

Can someone please help
Thx
By Klass62 Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:00 pm
It's an older keyboard but still pretty dope sounds in it a Technique KN1600 and I have a Yamaha RS7000 from years ago I'd really like to use the sounds from those devices and record/layer them over a drum track.. thx bro gonna try this and will let you guys know if I have questions

Danoc wrote:Of course you can. The X has inputs. You need two audio cables 1/4 going out from your keyboard into the inputs of the X. If you put the cables into imputs 3/4 you need yp gp inside the x and make 2 audio tracks and set them to 3/4 and arm them. Arm the tracks then record.

Klass62 wrote:This is a First time MPC user question..

Both on channel 1

Can someone please help
Thx
By Klass62 Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:04 pm
So to record the sounds from the external KN1600 or RS7000 to the MPC I will need to hook up the Inputs and Midi at the same time , I only hooked up the midi...