New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Lampdog Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:20 pm
Midi is performance data only, no audio.

Midi and Audio travel through different wires and are not the same thing.
By Klass62 Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:08 am
Thanks for tha info Lampdog, I ever really tried recording external sounds before, I use Reason for making beats and always just used the virtual instruments so now that I'm learning the MPC X hardware and connections it would be dope to record sounds from external keyboards or groove machines..

Will I have to record these external sounds onto the MPC X Audio tracks?

Lampdog wrote:Midi is performance data only, no audio.

Midi and Audio travel through different wires and are not the same thing.
By Lampdog Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:20 am
I don't have mpc x. Doesn't it have audio inputs, audio interface and midi?

Connect those to your external kybd workstation. Lotta if, ands and buts for connections, type of kybd/gear and what your aiming for so without info on what specific gear your using no specific answer can be given.
By marctronixx Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:43 pm
mercy, there are tons of videos and helpful info on the internet. stop being lazy. why did you buy an X if you have no idea how to use it? irs clear you have no idea about physical gear, and this is not the venue to get educated.

alas, to help out, the X is just like the live. if you have a "groove box" or an ipod or smartphone with a headphone jack out, if you want the audio from those devices to be recorded onto the X or live, you need to connect the device to the inputs on the X or live. then YES use an AUDIO TRACK since you are RECORDING AUDIO. you are not RECORDING MIDI, you are not recording CV, you are recording AUDIO.

i think the author of this site should make a beginner subsection and have them go in there instead of polluting the main forum with nonsense thread like "how do i turn on the live" or "can I copy a track to another track". there's more of these threads on here than actual helpful threads from people who have a clue on what these devices are.
By Lampdog Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:08 pm
There IS a beginner subsection.

But, people will still post whever they like.

Maybe beginners don’t know the section is there. “Getting Started” .

Maybe some are just hard headed and wanna post in the forum with their actual gear.

This happens all the time.
By marctronixx Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:56 am
the questions here are asinine. people are simply too lazy to read and VIEW the info. there are videos explaining basic things. instead, people want instant gratification and just want to be told. there are redundant and repetitive posts that just clog up the feel and vision of this enthusiasts site.

yes i know it happens all the time--does not make it right sir/ma'am
By Lampdog Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:18 pm
Yep. Believe me, I feel what your saying, been feeling that for years.
Unfortunatly it will never stop. Nope, it’s not right and people need to realize THEY are their
own first line of defense. I’ve said the many times before on this foum too.

Moved to “Getting Started”.
By Klass62 Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:10 am
Thx for the negativity homie..

A shame people like you post ignorant shit, don't like the post don't waste your time clicking on it.

Why I buy an MPC if I don't know how to use it? that's clown talk an not what this site was built on.

I Apologize for posting in the MPC X area an not the beginner area

Lampdogg don't fall for this rude negative folk they kill the Site homie.

I appreciate the respectful ones that show luv an support

Stay humble

marctronixx wrote:mercy, there are tons of videos and helpful info on the internet. stop being lazy. why did you buy an X if you have no idea how to use it? irs clear you have no idea about physical gear, and this is not the venue to get educated.

alas, to help out, the X is just like the live. if you have a "groove box" or an ipod or smartphone with a headphone jack out, if you want the audio from those devices to be recorded onto the X or live, you need to connect the device to the inputs on the X or live. then YES use an AUDIO TRACK since you are RECORDING AUDIO. you are not RECORDING MIDI, you are not recording CV, you are recording AUDIO.

i think the author of this site should make a beginner subsection and have them go in there instead of polluting the main forum with nonsense thread like "how do i turn on the live" or "can I copy a track to another track". there's more of these threads on here than actual helpful threads from people who have a clue on what these devices are.
Last edited by Klass62 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:30 am, edited 9 times in total.
By Lampdog Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:00 am
Klass62 wrote:I applegize.........

Don’t, no need man.