New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By jkonthetrack Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:05 am
What's going on everyone? Never owned or even seen an mpc in person but it's a machine I've always wanted to try out. I just really don't know much about it. Of course I will be doing my research and looking up as many youtube and other videos as I can but I just had one question.

With the MPC Touch, is that basically the only thing I would be using to create beats with? I mainly use fl studio with omnisphere and kontakt. I'm wondering if the mpc is basically a daw of it's own and used for chopping up samples that I could load into it. I seen some videos that you can load up the mpc software into fl studio but I guess what I want to know is if you would just use the mpc solely?

Hopefully I'm making sense but I'm really interested in getting this and getting into sampling. Thanks in advance.
By Living Bate Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 am
jkonthetrack wrote:would just use the mpc solely?

obviously with the Touch you will need a computer to run the software.....and if you want to record vocals or live instrumentation you will need a separate DAW......but other than that you can do it all in the MPC
By BostonGreen Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:31 am
Living Bate wrote:and if you want to record vocals or live instrumentation you will need a separate DAW......but other than that you can do it all in the MPC

He can record instruments and vocals straight into the touch, although I have found that the recording levels are way too low, so I use a USB soundcard instead of the built in one
By BostonGreen Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:46 am
jkonthetrack wrote:Thanks for the info from both of you. I was watching a bunch of videos of how the touch functions and what not. I'll be connecting it through my audient sound card.

Can get em cheap now the x and live are out ....
By Schmidi Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:16 pm
You'd want a mic preamp connected to your mic, then run that into the Touch. Basically, any mixer with XLR in will work, or you can spend a ton more for better sounds with a discrete preamplifier.