New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Shaggy Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:32 pm
So new in fact I don't even know if music production is the right term! A little background. I'm a forty something dad, married, from the UK living in NJ. I am into tech and always have been. I have played the drums in the past and I have just started learning to play the bass and electric guitar. I am not a musician, I have a love of music, I have musicality, but never really have any intent to learn music or music theory. I learn as I go.

When I went to the guitar center about 3 months I stumbled across the MPC X, I started messing around with it and 20 mins later I had created a little track just my fumbling around with the buttons. Since that time, and without a word of a lie I watch at least 2 you tube videos a day of folks using this amazing tool.

I want one, I really want one, and I can afford it, so the money is not really the issue, the question is, can a complete beginner pick this up and start making music?. I dont have a synth or anything like that but it seems all these tools are built into the unit. Listen, i'm not going to be the next Andrew Applepie but I just cant stop thinking about actually being able to create something myself.

I have the novation app on my ipad and i spend time on that messing around and I love it. I'll take any advice I can get, feel free to flame away at me if you think I am a fool, that might help me make my decision.

Thanks all and I apologize if I have posted in the wrong forum.
By Lampdog Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:41 pm
Yes, you’ll be able to pick it up and learn it, not even a problem.
You give it time, it will give you time, the time of your life, lol.