New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By clunk1976 Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:22 pm
Hello Folks!
New to MPC but seriously loving it.
Put together around 20 'backing tracks' (drums / bass / pads etc) for live gigs and want to bounce each song down as a sequence in order to eliminate delays between songs whilst each project loads.
In doing so however, i find the sounds for a number of tracks has change (ie, my bass line is being played with a pad from another track within the sequence)....
Can anyone shed any light on what i might be doing wrong?
Thanks People!!!
By Lampdog Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:58 pm
clunk1976 wrote:(ie, my bass line is being played with a pad from another track within the sequence)....

When converting seq to song make sure all tracks line up with every sequence.

Seq1, trk1=bassline / trk2=kik / trk3=snr / trk4=hihat / trk5=tom / trk6=horn
Seq2, trk1=bassline / trk2=kik / trk3=snr / trk4=hihat / trk5=tom / trk6=horn
Seq3, trk1=bassline / trk2=kik / trk3=snr / trk4=hihat / trk5=tom / trk6=horn
Seq4, trk1=bassline / trk2=kik / trk3=snr / trk4=hihat / trk5=tom / trk6=horn
etc.

Place those seq's in song mode and convert to seq. Song mode will convert and use ONLY the very first seq's track assignments. This is why you line them all up the exact same. If they don't line up will hear your bassline being played by something else like you are hearing now.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:25 pm
If you end up not needing a track for a seq just don't assign anything there.

Try it out and let us know if that worked for you or not.

Your same problem use to happen to me my first year using my ASR10 and then I figured it out, make everything line up and I was good after that.
By Cockdiesel Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:00 pm
Converting song to sequence is how I track back into the live. Yes, the tracks have to line up ran into a situation recently where one track was out of place but I couldn’t find it. Needless to say I had to change up the whole joint and wasn’t able to process my tracks with my filter like I had planned.