New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By FrancescoS Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:34 pm
Seems to be impossible with my mpc to change sequence with the wheel or the shift+numeric after I record some sample on the beat. Is it true?
I think was a bug of my 500 instead i found that also the other mpc have this problem.
Someone say to play stop and play "perfectly" but it's impossible and working with the mpc as a midi master and a looper as slave I cannot lose the midi clock.
I notice also that is impossible to overdub a second time after trying to change sequence after the first overdub.
So looks like the overdub/recording change something and the buttons doesn't work correctly after this operation.
But the overdub doesn't work also if I only change the sequence one time (without recording anything before)...
Help me please, i like this machine but I think I'll throw it out the window
By Ill-Green Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:13 pm
Did you try repressing overdub during overdub. During recording, it should automatically overdub after the last bar. You can also just press overdub by itself and it'll record. To play smoothly, I remember just pressing play during overdub.
By FrancescoS Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:30 pm
Sure, I press overdub to stop overdub and after this I cannot change sequence.
By recording i meant overdub

And I also notice that the interval between the stop and play needed to overdub after changing sequence, or to change sequence after overdubbing is not really short. So the stop is notable.
Don't know, I would like something more for jam and feel the flow.
Instead I must programm everything before the song begin...