New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Stylo Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:22 pm
Hey, I'm looking for a cheap turntable so I can sample my CDs onto my MPC renaissance.
By JUKE 179r Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:55 pm
Get a Denon for great quality.
By tapedeck Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:03 pm
go to the pawn shop / junk store, get one there.
its really not going to matter which one you get for sampling unless you are really a power user looking for advanced features you just cant live without.
By peterpiper Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:05 pm
I don't understand? Do you mean a turntable cd player hybrid or what?
If you want to sample CDs then put the CD in your computer and rip it.
Hm.......wait ....probably I'm too old. How old is your computer. I ask cause AFAIK more and more 'modern' computers doesn't have a CD/DVD drive today.
Well then read what tapedeck wrote :)

peace
By richie Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:36 pm
I think a Richie comment is necessary for good measure.

Apparently the first model Playstation 1's are supposed to have highly coveted a/d or dac's in them that are comparable to $6000 USD audiophile grade players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c_hpdQ6K3I

Or type on google Playstation 1 audiophile. I only sample off my Playstation 1 because I only sample more "analog" things. It makes my beats sound more "soulful" and has better swing too. I would have ripped my Audio cd's using my Plextor SCSI drive using EAC but I realized that sampling direct wav files was foolish and not the "real" way to do things.