New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Lampdog Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:01 am
richie wrote:It takes a real prick to revive a thread a decade plus later.

Been done many times, by me too. :lol:
By 83dude Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:43 pm
I think it prudent to complain about reviving old threads. It isn‘t outdated but still valid. And asking for using the search beforehand and THEN complaining is - again - neither helpful nor fruitful.

Still: Thanks for clearing that up, lampdog. :worthy:
By Lampdog Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:08 pm
83dude wrote:I think it prudent to complain about reviving old threads. It isn‘t outdated but still valid. And asking for using the search beforehand and THEN complaining is - again - neither helpful nor fruitful.

Still: Thanks for clearing that up, lampdog. :worthy:

Wuddup man.

Merry New Year and Happy Christmas.
By Theguynextdoor Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:20 am
Seems there are a lot of people here who love to not help and instead take the time to complain about those who are new and don't fully understand the issues they may be facing with connectivity. If this was a thread for HELP why spend the time responding and not doing a single thing to help? Ironic, but I do understand. A kin to my life's motto; "Never dreamed I'd grow up to be an **** but here I am killin it!!" A few of you on this thread should adopt that. Yes I am aware I'm contributing to not helping, explanation see 'life's motto' :-D :popcorn:
By Jimbo_Uk Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:51 am
Just joined as I want advice for which way to go, the new Mpc Key61 or the Live II and a couple of controllers, but as I don't own any of them yet !!! I guess I can't ask :(
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:43 pm
Jimbo_Uk wrote:Just joined as I want advice for which way to go, the new Mpc Key61 or the Live II and a couple of controllers, but as I don't own any of them yet !!! I guess I can't ask :(

I have no idea what you mean, why would not owning one yet be a problem? Just post your question in the MPC Live/X/Key forum.
By Lampdog Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:16 pm
Some like to sit with drum machine close in a small stand, can’t do that with kybd.
Some have no kybd and need one.
Some have no kybd or drum machine.
It’s a choice with caveats future owners will have to weigh.

Re:

By Jimbo_Uk Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:14 am
Lord Toranaga wrote:word up. I am always willing to help those who try to help them selves.

1 thing I hate is when you are breaking your balls to help someone, and they don't even own the gear they are hasseling you about(da soof)

asking a ton of questions about gear you don't even own. will get you virtually smacked

I didn't see anyone correct or disagree so can only assume it's a valid point.
Thanks guys, I'll see how I get on :)
By Stevejaz Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:36 pm
Don't know but I thought research before purchase was always a good idea. Got Live2 a year ago, after aLOT of research. Main advantage of Live2 vs Keys61 is being able to use it without the keys. I have various midi keyboards I can plug in if I want one. Cant comment on advantages of Keys61 as I've never tried one but I'm sure there are some and hopefully someone knowledgeable can share.
By Lampdog Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:52 am
I have mpc keys61, x, kronos w.

I use my Kronos2 as midi kybd on X.

Kronos2 also gives me a NICE control surface for X.
Kronos2 has a very configurable touch strip and that’ the only advantage I see with Keys61. Readily available touch strip. Drumming on Keys61 hurts your back after a prolonged time.

I actually have ZERO need for Keys61 (I was greedy).