New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By between 3 and 30 characters. Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:41 am
So, I recently purchased an AKAI MPC X SE. This is my first foray into MPC world. I've previously been a Cubase plus plugins user. I've managed to update everything I need to update firmware and software wise, I've installed the MPC software on my PC. Installed various virtual instruments and packs etc. No I just wanna use the flippin thing.

Unfortunately it only came with a quick start guide that doesn't tell me how to use it to make music. For starters, I need to understand the architecture of the thing. What does it consider to be a programme, a sequence, a track and how are these things comprised to make a song? To my immense surprise I haven't been able to find a decent video giving this level of introduction and there's nothing that I can see on the Akai website. I see there is a getting started area on this forum but it seem to direct me to MPC-Tutor where I have to spend more money to get the info I need. I already spent a couple of grand here. I really expected a video or two and a nice manual to get me off the blocks. What am I missing?

Please help. I've been staring at this thing and feeling like a mug for about a month now...
By 83dude Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:03 pm
On a PC, you can directly access the manual via the HELP menu. But probably the bible allows you to deep dive.