New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By giacecco Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:36 pm
Hi, I am becoming more proficient using the MPC-X, and lately, I found myself editing relatively complex projects, deleting a few older programs and using new ones as I go through takes. As I create new programs, the old programs I delete leave empty slots in the mixer window that - besides being ugly to see - are also annoying when I need to start using the 17 - 32 page, and break the convenience to be able to mix everything in one screen.

Is it possible that there is no way to move programs around? At least Akai could have done so that the lowest possible empty slot was used when loading a new program, instead than always going for the first highest slot.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

By Lampdog Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:02 am
There’s no way to rearrange programs that I can think of.
I have X and Key61.
By PhJ Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:51 pm
When that happens, I recreate a track in the empty slots and copy events from the other tracks (that can then be used for something else) to tidy things up. Still new to the MPC, so if there’s a better way, I’m interested too :-)
By Menco Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:26 pm
Don’t know which OS version I am on (the one that came with the XSE when it dropped, haven’t updates since), but if I delete a program it also disappears from my channel mixer. When I ran an older OS version on the One I had the same problem, open slots in the Channel mixer after deleting programs. Found that really annoying