New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By phil connors Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:24 pm
i apologize if this problem has been talked about previously.

the situation is this.

when i sample something off a record from my record in on my mpc 60 there is alot of static and i can barely here the sample in my monitors. all my levels on the mixer and on the MPC are fine. somebody i had talked to asked me if there is excessive noise when i move the record in cable around and indeed there is.

so my question is do i need some kind of shielded wire? if not then would someone mind telling me what it is i have to do.

thanks. i really really appreciate it.

By dsmith Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:10 am
I am also having a similar problem.

By DEADLY MiND Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:26 am
DOUBLE POST>

MY BAD
Last edited by DEADLY MiND on Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

By DEADLY MiND Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:27 am
You need a ground cable. It looks like a horseshoe on a speakerwire. You hook it up from your turntable to whatever is amplifying your signal. So you said your using a mixer, there should be a thing that pokes out on the back of your mixer that you hook the ground to from your turntable.

Let me know if you still have trouble with this.

Also, if you cant find a ground cable, you can go ghetto style and roll some aluminum foil into the shape of a wire and just use that to connect the ground to the table.

By JStruMENTAL Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:03 am
its your needle man trust me i had that problem, get a new one

By DEADLY MiND Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:23 pm
you think both of them just have bad needles?

I think its the ground, but you should check both problems.

By BKnyc Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:28 pm
Either it's grounding prob, or something is wrong with your devices it self.

Check everything.

By dsmith Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:06 am
My problem ended up being the needle. Its was old and I was in the process of upgrading turntables. Now I'm using a Numark ttx1. Problem Fixed :D

By phil connors Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:30 pm
i dont understand. my grounding seems to be fine and my needles are still pretty new. im going to work on it some more today and ill let you guys know. thanks

By mpc4000xl Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:25 am
Sounds ODD

Check the Signal Flow From Source to Monitors

If its all wired correctly

Start Changin' out cables at source 1st

If you Cange out ALL Cables and ground on the turntable and power source is right

You Have a More Costly problem........ one of Ur' Actual Units (Table Mpc) may need Repair

I Hope This Aint Da Case

:? :?

By phil connors Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:13 am
im not even using really good monitors at all. im currently using some ol crappy stereo speakers that are hooked up to my amp.

im beginning to think its my mpc but im still not sure. when i go to turn the stereo mix volume up on the mpc is when i hear the most noise and like i said i can hear noise when i move the record in cable.

im so confused. :?

By dsmith Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:38 am
Have you tried disconnecting it from the Mpc and hook it up only to the amp and monitors?

By phil connors Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:25 pm
im getting a signal in the meter even when im not playing the record off the table. this might be the problem. is there anything i can do about that?

dsmith i tried hooking it up to the amp but i just get an overloaded signal.

By phil connors Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:48 am
JStruMENTAL i dont know if its my needles. i mean theyre still relatively new. whats the lifespan for a needle?

By Liamr427 Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:43 am
phil connors wrote:JStruMENTAL i dont know if its my needles. i mean theyre still relatively new. whats the lifespan for a needle?

Ive heard its 6 months but I think thats only if you are using them alot(djing)