New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By DJMAURICE Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:36 am
I want to expand the ram on my mpc1000, but I would like to know is it something that I can do myself or do I need someone who knows what they are doing to do it for me. If I can do it myself can somebody tell me how and what type of ram I should get?

By sparq Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:10 pm
You could totally do this yourself. You will have to buy 256MB pc133 144pin SODIMM SDRAM. look for my explanation at the link below. http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Like I said, you can do this yourself. Make sure the unit is turned off and unplugged. Turn the MPC upside down, you will see a little square panel that has 1 screw on it. unscrew it and lift off the panel, you will see a slot. The memory chip can fit only one way. Once you place the chip in, push down until it clicks. screw the panel back in place, flip it over plug it up and turn it on. you will know it's done correctly when you see "128MB installed" on the screen as it comes back up.

By DJMAURICE Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:32 am
Thanks sparq for the info, I am instaling it right now.

By sparq Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:22 pm
so how did it turn out?

By thaxx Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:56 pm
Im going to get more memory today......
Thanks for the info sparq...