New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By kcamer Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:15 pm
I have an MPC 1000. I've got a CD with a lot of one shot samples. Is it possible to copy the one shot samples from my PC directly to the MPC and use them? Or do I have to record them one at a time? If I have to record them one at a time, are there good ticks and tips. Currently I'm playing the samples with Windows Media Player and recording them to MPC. Windows Media Player plays one sample right after another so I currently set my recording time a little longer that the time of the sample that I want, record it, and then go back trim it down if I got part of another sample. I'm curious to know if there is a better way.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ken

By Lampdog Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:00 pm
You need to read your manual and see what different things you can do with the USB connectivity, that will/should solve your problem.
By kcamer Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:14 pm
It looks as if I can load samples directly from my PC through USB. Works great. Thanks for your reply Lampdog.

Later,

Ken

By abdizzle Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:15 am
i got a 1k also but i use a cf flash reader instead of usb that way you can drag your one shots onto the cf and then load them into the 1k

By Lampdog Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:42 am
pc usb to 1k. When you see the 1k icon on your computer
you are actually LOOKING at the CF card. Just drag and drop.