New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By iknowican Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:43 pm
hi i just bought an mpc2000 and i cant get anysound except the metronome click.
i've hooked it up to my cd player with the red and white outputs of the player to the quater inch jack input on the back of the mpc2000.
i press rec and play but nothing happens . have i hooked it up wrong or do i need to assighn where to sample to first. i realy dont get it. the manual is no help. my last sampler was an akai s20 and was real easy to use. i dont want to do anything fancy with it just loop a few samples. plez help. thanx

By ducthmasta Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:28 pm
to sample...first u gotta be in sample mode..im not sure if its the same on the 2000 as the 2000xl..but on my 2000xl i press shift+4 to go to sample mode. Then select how long you want to sample...and hit record...than after that you can choose how to save the sample and what pad to asign it to...

By iknowican Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:42 am
k thanx. i've done it . i see its bassicly shift all the time right.

By Lampdog Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:06 am
I know u can. Download a manual and while reading it push the same buttons that you are reading about and it will all make sense. :D