New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By emc156 Thu May 05, 2005 10:43 pm
is it true that zip disk are very fragile? my boy who takes a recording class told me his professor said to stay away from it, especially when storing mpc data.

funny, once i heard of this, one of my zip disks stop loading up. has this happened to anybody else?

By BreakMyFever Fri May 06, 2005 8:49 am
Yeah, I really hate them, they're even worse than the older floppies. I'm getting rid off all my ZIP stuff (just installed a multi-card reader in my 2000xl).
By nac king cold Sat May 07, 2005 12:58 am
i have a zip drive on my sp-808,,,,never given problems,,,
curently running a zip drive on my mpc,,,,,works great
i've even carried my sp-808 around,,,,bumping it and all,,for over a year,,and i bought it used,,and it never messed up once,,,with the same disk,,,,they seem durable to me,,,,don't get the gas cuz what somebody thinks

By pt3r Sun May 08, 2005 7:48 am
You stated correctly... 'they seem duarble'.
A simple search in the archives will bring up a lot of threads regarding zipdrive issues. especially the internal ones. Zip drives like any other storage medium will eventualy die on you so you need to remember to make backups of the data that you care about.

By DSTRUCT Mon May 09, 2005 9:28 pm
i couple my own little zip drive grave yard over here haha. but they hot when they work.

also, ive had 2 disks (outta like 12) go dead on me. Might have to do with my ex girl placing my zips on top of a speaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!