New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Shootah Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:15 pm
I want this turntable because it is inexpensive, it needs no amp/mixer but I want to be able to scratch a bit with it.

Does anybody have any experience with these? It would just be basic scratches by using the volume control, so nothing spectacular.

Thanks

By DFENS Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:32 pm
not a good table for scratching cos the tt plater is only 7"s. tho it can play 12"s the 7" plater will not provide you with any stablility for scratching them.

and i wouldnt expect to find the PT volume control at all usefull for cutting scratches either.

By JoeyBags Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:36 am
I bought a set of Numark TT 1650's for a little over $200.00 on eBay that were brand new and have had no problems with those. Especially scratching. I mean, if you want to just scratch records into beats.. you just need 1 in my opinion. But about that Numark you're referring too, I think that would be tough scratching with.

By sparq Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:32 pm
nah, no scratching. it's portable enough to just take around with you to play records b4 you cop them.

By descartes Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:15 am
its belt driven.

By Lampdog Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:56 pm
belt driven, not made for scratching.

By sparq Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:03 am
Lampdog wrote:belt driven, not made for scratching.
true and i would never use them today but if you remember back in the days, one of the first turntables, dj's were using were the technics SLB-100. they were belt drive, and though it was difficult, ppl started scratching on them. those were first turntables that i learned to dj on.
By jumpman23 Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:29 pm
You can definitely scratch with the Numark PT-01. Many DJs are doing it these days. A numark pt 01 and a portable fader = dirt cheap scratch setup. But there are limitations. You gotta be lighter on the touch on a portable turntable compared to a Technics 1200. But it's a good way to practice record control. I started on a portable turntable to try scratching before I moved on to two TT500s and mixer. But I still use the PT01 when I'm traveling or staying at my girlfriends house.
There is some good info here on setting up a cheap scratch setup: http://djlab.net/2017/03/21/portablism-gear-guide/

I highly recommend it, it's a lot of fun. It's great to have for practicing, while saving up for a pair of techs if you wanna beat juggle and stuff in the future.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:44 pm
Reply is like 12 yrs late. Pretty sure he's not wondering about pt01 anymore.

jumpman23 wrote:You can definitely scratch with the Numark PT-01. Many DJs are doing it these days. A numark pt 01 and a portable fader = dirt cheap scratch setup. But there are limitations. You gotta be lighter on the touch on a portable turntable compared to a Technics 1200. But it's a good way to practice record control. I started on a portable turntable to try scratching before I moved on to two TT500s and mixer. But I still use the PT01 when I'm traveling or staying at my girlfriends house.
There is some good info here on setting up a cheap scratch setup: http://djlab.net/2017/03/21/portablism-gear-guide/

I highly recommend it, it's a lot of fun. It's great to have for practicing, while saving up for a pair of techs if you wanna beat juggle and stuff in the future.