Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By butternutsquash Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:21 pm
Just picked up Jesus Christ Superstar for $0.99 at a thrift store (not my pic, but its in pretty good shape). Also got a Sherwood ST 887R Turntable with an Audio Technica DR 750 cartridge for $10. It wont replace my Technics SL-1950 but its a good backup for a good price.

By Star One Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:10 am
We've got a gang of those.. Never listed to it. I dont think any of us have. Thought was like Christan music.
By Star One Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:46 am
Just some 30-45 second snippets of some 45's I got today. Got about 70. It's not just some like oh buy tons of records to impress other people who buy a ton of records (Because at this point it could really sound like it). I actually need them to play out. I've moved.. Not been easy.. But did link up with a ton of people. Playing a Dance Hall night, so got about 200 45's of some GREAT stuff.

Then doing stuff for a pretty big B-Boy crew, and a funk night. So these are for those in mind.

By jibber Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:04 pm
StarOne, i agree with Peter, those are some dope 45s! Nice dig! :nod:

My latest one isn't really a dig... I've never bought Hip Hop on vinyl since i've never had a record player until 2009. Since a few years i want to build a nice small collection of my favorite stuff. I've noticed that classic Hip Hop albums cost a lot of money here in switzerland. In record stores, they sadly cost even more than classic funk / soul albums. The used market isn't much better, people seem to know the demand is high and the supply is low... private sales (if you can find the records you want) are about 50% of the price you pay in a record store, plus shipping costs of course (and the risk of shipping damage).

For this reason i very rarely buy Hip Hop records, i think i'll be 60 years old once i've got my "small collection". :popcorn: :-D :smoker:
(If somebody has the INI - Center of Attention LP in good condition, i'll be willing to pay a nice price. :wink: )

Anyway, here's what i picked up today, bumping my collection to a whooping 6 LPs, 2 EPs and 2 Singles... :mrgreen:

Classic album i never get tired to listen to.

Kinda rare and very beautiful double LP from Erykah Badu. I won't say what it cost me (but the guy from this shop prices them quite fair... everytime i look up an LP i bought there on the internet prices match up more or less).

When i first took it out of the sleeve, i thought for a second that i've gotten a bad record, then i remembered it's a special "grey fade" edition. :roll: :mrgreen:

Not so much a fan of the newer albums, love the earlier stuff...

Mr. How High... :smoker:

Murs.

Straight outta Compton...
By mastasteez Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:38 pm
My misses did a car boot sale this morning so I tagged along and went digging.
In Norwich, you can dig for 6 months in the charity shops on a weekly basis and not
come out with 2 or 3 of the soul and funk records below.

By Coz Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:42 pm
mastasteez wrote:My misses did a car boot sale this morning so I tagged along and went digging.

That's the story of my life. :mrgreen:

I've bought some nice stuff at car boots but also some complete shit. That reminds me, I need to have a proper clear out at some point...
By davehate Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:10 am

Most are triple copies but couldn't pass up for 25cents to 2$. A lot of drumbreaks here, the kiddie hap Palmer have some nice drums..fletwoodmac doubles gotss crazy Boombap break..jack mcduff with the action Bronson shiraz sample ..sweet mono copy.

45's:Rufusthomas/funky penguin break...paul Humphrey detroit breaks..doris duke

D'angelo tapes

Miles/bitches brew og..Booker t rumbreaks (brandnubian) ..Lyn Anderson put your hand in hand break..easy mo bee yellow vinyl..aaliyah 2lp.. todays haul:)

Oh and tropea (drumbreak)..new birth and tribecalledquest omg remixes
By davehate Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:17 am
[url]//s402.photobucket.com/user/dphaight/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140816_164256_zpszhtc16rj.jpg.html]Image[/url]

guess this qualify s...found the mpc digging(housecalls) last week for 300$ :) awesome find!!

Some comeups from last week...really stoked to finally have a afroharpin og!
By peeping tom Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:04 am
Starone will you marry me*

:)

*waiting for all you dudes to flip out over thinking starone was a dude :popcorn:

:-D
By davehate Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:42 pm

This mornings grabs..most have drum breaks..the los freddys is a nice 73 garage psych Latin joint..has a lot of flippable material (think los Angeles negroes steeze)
By davehate Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:44 pm
StarOne wrote:We've got a gang of those.. Never listed to it. I dont think any of us have. Thought was like Christan music.

Word..if I remember correct theres a break on it.
By davehate Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:46 pm
Funkologist wrote:A few from the latest diggin endeavours

That James last is nice..American cover art is better but still dope record..nice haul!