Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By mxbdev Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:16 pm
So, occasionally there's a great open sound or phrase on a modern 'chart' song. Years ago I used to just get the cd single and sample from that. However, nowadays there are no more cd singles, it's all just downloads and streams.

Therefore, my question is, where can you obtain wav or lossless equivalent of modern chart music, by individual song? I am aware that cd compilations still exist, but there will only usually be one or two songs I want on them.

Any suggestions welcome.
By peterpiper Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:51 pm
Since chart music is mostly consumed by 'average people' as mp3 via phone, the industry seem to don't give a ish about people who don't want to listen to lossy formats. I love FLAC but most of the available music in FLAC is classical music or the stuff from the 60s/70s or stuff from indie lables.

you could try to find the CDs with the certain song on discogs. I guess compilation CDs are cheap there but IDK for sure.
By saltmcgault Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:06 pm
mxbdev wrote:So, occasionally there's a great open sound or phrase on a modern 'chart' song. Years ago I used to just get the cd single and sample from that. However, nowadays there are no more cd singles, it's all just downloads and streams.

Therefore, my question is, where can you obtain wav or lossless equivalent of modern chart music, by individual song? I am aware that cd compilations still exist, but there will only usually be one or two songs I want on them.

Any suggestions welcome.

i usually surf youtube for 60's-70's foreign music especially from italy and russia if i like what i hear i just plug in my phone to record in my mpc then chop that stuff up. I'm positive you can do the same with "chart" songs. nothing beats just picking up random vinyl from the record store or from your personal collection though.
By mxbdev Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 pm
Thanks for the replies :) I eventually found a place online which sell flac albums and chart tracks. For anyone else who reads the thread in future, it's called 7digital.
By BostonGreen Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:08 pm
I find the best place for sampling, whatever genre or era is shoutcast. Browse the stations/genres, go for the higher bit rate stations ..... some amazing stations on there