Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By Mike Boogie Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:56 pm
Slick Fanu... VERY slick. The bells don't make that big of a difference tho'

Reminds me of the time I found the orginal rising synth from Clear floating around online. T'was glorious.
By Ill-Green Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:54 pm
tapedeck wrote:i'd be curious what technique you used for this. removing pitched material?

Don't know what Fanu uses but Melodyne can do it, takes patience. For just 2 or 3 seconds of the material you're editing, will take 2 to 3 hours tops. I won't **** with it, time consuming, props to Fanu though :smoker:
By lank Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:41 am
(i just happened to come by this thread now...)

all he did there was drop the left side and duplicate the right side of the stereo signal. on the original the bells are only coming through the left side, all you're hearing on this edit is the right side through both speakers.

there's plenty of old 60s/70s records that were done this way (most of the early "stereo" recordings, i think), allowing you to easily "isolate" instrument or vocal parts that are prominent in one side or the other.
By Fanu Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:42 pm
lank wrote:(i just happened to come by this thread now...)

all he did there was drop the left side and duplicate the right side of the stereo signal. on the original the bells are only coming through the left side, all you're hearing on this edit is the right side through both speakers.

there's plenty of old 60s/70s records that were done this way (most of the early "stereo" recordings, i think), allowing you to easily "isolate" instrument or vocal parts that are prominent in one side or the other.

Oh if it's that easy…do it and post your result. I'm waiting.,