Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By binger0 Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:33 am
the pic aint workin but heres the link
http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/roadhouse/warped.html

How to fix a warped record

Materials needed to try to fix a warped record album:

2 14 inch pieces of 3/8" thick glass
2 large pieces of approx. 3/16" "place mat/craft" vinyl/foam
(4 -6 pieces if you want to make some for 10" records and 45s, too).
1 quality album sleeve (Discwasher VIP sleeves are the best)
5 pieces of cork
common household glue

You will need two (2) 14 inch square pieces of 3/8" thick glass. The green round things (see photo above) were picked up at a craft store and are about the size and consistency of a place mat at your table. In fact, that may be what they are used for (to paint/make your own). They are about 3/16" thick.

Trace a record album on both of the "place mats", then measure in and cut out the label section to create two flat doughnut shapes (you can also make some for 10" records and 45s). Cutting out the middle hole will allow for only the vinyl and trail off vinyl to be in contact with the 'place mats' (leaving the label untouched). The 'place mats' will sit/rest freely on the glass so that you can easily align them with the labels/trail off.

Use common household glue to attach five (5) pieces of cork on the bottom piece of glass to avoid any clanking when setting it down, plus it makes it easy to pick back up.

Make sure the LP is clean and put it inside a quality sleeve (Discwasher VIP sleeve, for example).
I generally use this "thing" outside, but have had excellent results in the oven at the LOWEST setting available. I feel 200 degree's is way too much. The real key is to use common sense as to how long to leave it outside or in the oven--usually 10-15 minutes suffices. Then I bring it in, set a 12" marble floor tile on the whole thing, and forget about it for a day (let it cool for a looooong time before you are tempted to take a peek).

I have had excellent results with this "thing", although in reality I've only used it 1/2 dozen times or so. I recommend practicing on old Mitch Miller lp's to get the feel of it. :-) Hope this helps anyone with this problem.

By MattMatiks PG Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:45 am
I second this... I read this off a site before... It does work people...

By RonDu Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:17 pm
:shock:

Good sh*t!!!!!!!!

I got mad warped sh*t from leaving them sh*ts in the car. It gets really hot in Ft. Liquor

By dj_evs Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:52 am
Haha, I like how he recommends practicing with Sing Along With Mitch records first. I see those at every thrift store I go to...

I still don't belive that there is any way to fix a warped record. This question has been asked for years, and there are always wacky contraptions like this that seem interesting, but then a waste of time...