Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By scizz Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:56 am
alright this s the deal i got a stack of record in really bad shape. i know i cant do anything about the scratches but want to know how i can clean them some people told me that water would do the trick but these records are really dirty i mean these babies got mud, sand and glue on em. they're not warped so that's a good thing i guess.

anyway would appreciate some help, and btw dont suggest no specific vynil cleaning fluid or anything like that cos i cant find any of that sht here.

tnx in advance.
peace

By dj e.d.e Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:25 pm
COLD WATER AND SOAP(JOY OR DAWN) AND SOME ALCOHOL
CLEAN IN A CIRCULAR MOTION( GO WITH THE GRUV'S

By DEADLY MiND Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:27 pm
dj e.d.e wrote:COLD WATER AND SOAP(JOY OR DAWN) AND SOME ALCOHOL
CLEAN IN A CIRCULAR MOTION( GO WITH THE GRUV'S

/\ /\ That might **** up your labels a little, so make sure if you wanna know what the names of the tracks are, that you get them written down firs.

By dj e.d.e Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:46 pm
i've been doing it this way for twenty years never had a label messed up,
just use your commonsence and becarefull dont dunk it in water,just the black parts thats it. dry with soft cloth and use cotton ball for alcohol.
By Povision Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:58 pm
yeah homie soap and lukewarm water, i just inherited some records with no sleeves from my aunt, had some heat but they were in bad shape but i cleaned them and didn't touch em for a couple of day and them sh#$% was shiney

By binger0 Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:59 pm
ronson lighter fluid dont sleep

By scizz Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:20 am
appreciate the help fellaz, ill give it a try
alcohol makes more sense to me , these records are really messed up, its not just dust its hard layers of concentrated glue and mud'nshit.

peace

By Cheech Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:45 am
you actually can do a little something to the scratches.. I haven't done it myself, but I just read about it a while back.
It involves matches, that's as much a I can remember.