Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By sizzahanz73 Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:51 pm
A-ight, there's a sampling 'ethics' thread going on, but I got a question about diggin' ethics (if it is such a thing).

If you at a spot for a few hours and don't find nothin, right, you take your handy trax and you going to your car. You spot a dude unloading like 2 crates from his car about to go into the spot to sell 'em. You look over your shoulder to see the store owner in the doorway. Do you, a) hop in your ride and leave, b) holla at the dude to see what he's got, or c) follow him into the store and see what he got, what the owner is gonna give him for the records, and then buy them from the owner? :?:

Second scenario, say another digger you don't know is in the same spot as you and he's playing stuff on his handy trax and yoiu hear something you like, but he has it. Now say he gets to the counter and forgot his $$ and leaves the store to get it. Do you a)cop that piece you heard and want or b) leave it alone and try to find it somewhere else? :?:

By Archetype_J Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:54 pm
Question a) I tell the dude that Donald Byrd is inside signing autographs and then jack all his crates, load up my jeep and shake.

Question b) i strangle dude with my headphone cable, slide his body under the easy listening section, take his handtrax, leave my busted ass handytrax there, and buy the record.

By dj e.d.e Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:14 pm
well to answer your first i would stop the guy be for he went in and tell him you would offer him more than the store owner, cuz he's just going to give'm some change for the records anyways.

and to answer the second i would ask dude if he's going to buy it and if he says yeah ask him to look at it and get a good picture in your mind and digg like hell for that record, thats what makes diggin so rewarding sometimes ,it finding jewels you heard and don't know anything about .

or just walk in to the store and say you got some tnt straped and if they dont load all the records in your car or truck you will blow the place and take every one and evrything down with you, terrorist style
J/K :lol:

By wkiw Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:16 pm
you hail the car dude and see what hes got
man the record biz is a dog eat dog deal bro
and the owner is gonna try to snake him anyway with low ball prices
besides before he hits the store he is fair game
just dont look to show up at that spot anytime soon.
what you wanna do is yell to him like you kow him
like " yo teddy g, whats up man? havnt seen you for a grip"
just yell that and rum over to him
then strike up a conversation
the owner will probably think you all are friends
taken care off.
second scene
jack the record when the guy goes to get his wallet
sorry but its a dog eat dog world and people who forget get their wax swooped
thats why you carry cash in pocket
peace

By antix818 Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:37 pm
definitely stop the dude, because it would be better for both of you. the store own will only offer him pennies and then try to sell them to you for a 500% profit. It would be unethical to not holler at dude.

for the 2nd scenario, I don't know, I let karma lead my way so if you do it then you can't be mad when it happens to you.

By sizzahanz73 Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:15 am
Yeah, I got to my man before he went in the store and got all of the crates for a bill. He had some gems in there that the owner would have jacked up the price on . :wink:
:shock: Barry White, Lonnie Smith, Ohio Players, Minnie Riperton, Commodores, Jones Girls, BB King, Third World, Al Green, Enchantment, Roberta Flack, Rudy Ray Moore, Bill Withers, The Meters, Ramsey Lewis, are some of the well-knowns, as well as a gang of stuff I never heard of (the good Stuff :lol: ) I didn't look the owners way after I loaded up the car, but i had only been to this spot twice, it'll be a minute before I go back.

I didn't jack the dude with no money though, felt a lil guilty on that one.

By dj e.d.e Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:30 pm
no need to feel guilty, would would of got jacked and got a couple of those now you got them all. what is there to feel guilty for you paid dude and he would of got less anyways,that store owner would have gave him 25 tops for that crate and made more off it by jacking the price on them.

good job my man , you did good thats what it's all about. :D