Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By ElTheMightyOne Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:22 pm
While you're at it, try to take the train to Nijmegen. There is a shop at the Lange Hezelstraat called Vinyl Archief. Just a 5 minute walk from central station.

It's one of the (if not the) biggest recordshops in Holland. All alphabetically organized, Near Mint 2nd hand and new re-issues. Including a lot of collector items. Original Headhunters, Incredible Bongo Band, Dutch first pressing of The Mohawks - The Champ (Onyx - Slam) first UK Electric Ladyland press by Jimi Hendrix.

You got to check this shop out though, it's my biggest secret vinyl spot.

http://www.vinylarchief.com/index-en.html
By mcroepster Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:35 pm
ElTheMightyOne wrote:While you're at it, try to take the train to Nijmegen. There is a shop at the Lange Hezelstraat called Vinyl Archief. Just a 5 minute walk from central station.

It's one of the (if not the) biggest recordshops in Holland. All alphabetically organized, Near Mint 2nd hand and new re-issues. Including a lot of collector items. Original Headhunters, Incredible Bongo Band, Dutch first pressing of The Mohawks - The Champ (Onyx - Slam) first UK Electric Ladyland press by Jimi Hendrix.

You got to check this shop out though, it's my biggest secret vinyl spot.

http://www.vinylarchief.com/index-en.html

Dope , thanks for the Info.
I will visit this store next time I am in Nijmegen.

D-amazin the vinylnerd wrote:If anybody is going to Rotterdam i'll personally show take you around the city showing all the secret digging spots......... 8)

I will keep you on this offer.!
It.s been a while since I visited Rotterdam.

And when someone comes to Leeuwarden, let me know, I will show you
the stores ovahere.

peace :smoker:
By TheRecordRacoon Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:12 pm
I'm off to Amsterdam tomorrow so I will be checking out a few of these spots for sure.

:nod:
By JUKE 179r Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:33 pm
I remember Fat Beats record store was out there but I think they closed down. They were on Singel Straße.
By TheRecordRacoon Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:54 am
Backbeat records was great picked up some great records including a jazz drum record with the guy talking about drums and showing off patterns and styles, perfect for sampling!!! Can't wait to get back to making beats
By D-amazin the vinylnerd Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:10 am
Diggin' for records in Rotterdam can still be done if you know where....
For Hiphop there are only one or two stores specialized in Hiphop but those interested in finding records to sample, drumbreaks or just good music.

I'll post some of the records i found this weekend in the "Post ur digs"section.

Anyone interested in coming to Rotterdam.......just let me know!