Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By Dope806 Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:28 pm
Ok I been crate digging and browsing so much music lately just to find good loops samples pretty much anything and I just want to pick brains to see what everyone's flavor is.... So what's everyone's favorite band group or artist that's sample worthy to y'all??
By Dope806 Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:29 pm
Dope806 wrote:Ok I been crate digging and browsing so much music lately just to find good loops samples pretty much anything and I just want to pick brains to see what everyone's flavor is.... So what's everyone's favorite band group or artist that's sample worthy to y'all??

I'll start... "Issac Hayes"
By The_Sexual_Intellectual Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:05 am
Eddie Harris and Herbie Hancock always have a vast plethora of super dope things to sample. Weldon Irvine is a great choice. Of course these guys have been sampled before but, I always manage to find some things that haven't been flipped yet. Than again, I don't mind going to some weird abstract places with my beats.
By Living Bate Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 am
i'll sample any fugga as long as its roughly 20+ years old and not a fuggin paedo like Gary Glitter or some zhit....

I like going on trips to Germany / France / Switzerland etc to try and find some different stuff....

picked up some really nice stuff last year in Cologne......
By The Jackal Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:48 pm
I just go down the YouTube wormhole and start adding to my 'sample playlist' as I click through videos, but I'm much more interested in using samples & sounds as waveforms or good one-shots, so my concern for a sample's musicality or quality is less than most. If I start pulling actual music, it's usually funk & disco from Europe, or something like Italo-disco & 80's dance music. I've never had any sort of go-to artists or albums because I don't use my MPC in the same way most people do or make the same music as them.

This is the playlist I put YouTube videos into when I hear something I'd like to grab:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... CCD53449E3
By Icepulse Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:09 pm
You need to get down w/ 70's Polish jazz.

**** w/ Isaac Hayes, and you'll be in the same stew with evvvveryone else.
By JUKE 179r Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:34 pm
Icepulse wrote:**** w/ Isaac Hayes, and you'll be in the same stew with evvvveryone else.

Fr fr...

I always go with classic rock. Everyone is up on grabbing the jazz/RnB/Disco LPs with cats with afros (or bad heads like Isaac Hayes... RIP). But not everyone is up on Classic Rock breaks!
I'm not going to do your assignment for you, but for starters, check out Frank Zappa! Even his fastest BPM songs you can pitch the **** outta them to a slower BPM and chop that funky shit into microns. :smoker:

By Ill-Green Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:53 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:
Icepulse wrote:**** w/ Isaac Hayes, and you'll be in the same stew with evvvveryone else.

Fr fr...

I always go with classic rock. Everyone is up on grabbing the jazz/RnB/Disco LPs with cats with afros (or bad heads like Isaac Hayes... RIP). But not everyone is up on Classic Rock breaks!
I'm not going to do your assignment for you, but for starters, check out Frank Zappa! Even his fastest BPM songs you can pitch the **** outta them to a slower BPM and chop that funky shit into microns. :smoker:

Zappa and Mothers of Invention always got dope sample worthy material.

I too, dig in classic rock, I tend to dig the bands from Europe and South America. I stay away from USA bands (got that covered from my father's collection :wink: ). India got the dope Bollywood soundtracks but their classic rock is like some old Wu beats, lo fi and all. Nothing like Jimi but the music definitely rocks and bass heavy.

I don't give names but you can google it and begin your road.
By saltmcgault Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:14 am
i picked up manhiem steamroller’s “fresh aire” volumes 1-3 for $1 each at a local pawn shop that has a ton of vinyl.They do a lot of seasonal music but thier fresh aire volumes are different. Not sure how much has been sampled from them i know living legends sampled the song “fresh aire” but that’s all i know. i really don’t go by artist or genre as long as there isn’t a ton of percussion in it. If it sounds like it can be **** with im **** with it.