Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By inflict3 Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:10 am
My fav use to be jive time in Fremont, Seattle wa. Now it's a spot in Everett wa. Can't remember the name, also got some goldmine dig spots in Tacoma wa..
By TRAGEDY JONES Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:50 pm
inflict3 wrote:My fav use to be jive time in Fremont, Seattle wa. Now it's a spot in Everett wa. Can't remember the name, also got some goldmine dig spots in Tacoma wa..

Thats whatsup bro I know that spot in Everett, dude has everything crazy. The spot in this video is a antique shop in west Seattle that some guy curates, crazy heat here but you gotta bring $$$

**** wrote:DA INTANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:
Straight up! :smoker:
By Wal Martian Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:28 am
I like digging at Recordland in Calgary, AB. Huge selection and some of the greats have rolled through such as Pete Rock (he bought 10cc records) DJ Shadow (only bought rare cassettes), Cut Chemist, Dj Scratch etc.

**** wrote:DA INTANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's an app called the Vinyl District, lists every store in every city.
By richie Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:13 am
I only dig from spots that already tell me there are samples on the record. Key words RARE OOP STABS OPEN DRUM BREAK DRAMA LIBRARY written are one of my secrets.
By inflict3 Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:54 am
Don't sleep on the dollar bins at jive time man..
By Living Bate Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:16 am
Wal Martian wrote:There's an app called the Vinyl District, lists every store in every city.

thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna goose that.......everytime I'm in a new city I always google for record shops.....

its not always easy if they are non-English speaking.......I wonder how deep it goes.....like some of my best finds have been in shops that sell records, but aren't necessarily record shops....
By JUKE 179r Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:33 pm
I aint sharing shit! :lol:
By Ill-Green Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 am
Really no digging spots in Puerto Rico, but I do have luck with antique shops. Thing about those, they always shift merchandise so a month or two they'll have some vinyl but the next month they won't have anything. Findings been incredible though for I've found stuff from UK, Russia, Japan, Germany, and many South American countries. A lot of tourist from all over the world pass here, some would sell records for cash :mrgreen:
By Headphones Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:43 am
I prefer cheap records myself. There’s a place in south Seattle called a Georgetown Records, and they share a spot with Fantagraphics Books. Anyway, they got crates & crates of .50 cent records, which is even cheaper than many of our local thrift stores! They even got 12” records of house, breaks, drum n bass, hip hop, acid jazz, etc.

They have plenty of import records from all over the globe, but they cost more. It’s not really the largest record store, but it’s the closest, so it’s only a bus hop for me.