Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By Ill-Green Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Wes Montgomery was a legendary guitarist. What people don't know, is Jazz wasn't his only gig, it paid the bills but he had his own style of music that was different than anything at the time and he would only play it at clubs or small venues, never to be recorded. However, a young Pat Martino visited one of these hard faced clubs and remembered some stuff Wes was doing that blew him away, inspiring his own style as well. On this song, The Visit by Pat Martino on the album Footprints, is his recreation of that night. Enjoy both. :-D

By peterpiper Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:45 pm
Wes is my favourite Jazz guitarist. Watchin his thumb always make me think WTF? His sound is so nice to the ear.

peace
By Ill-Green Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:32 am
peterpiper wrote:Wes is my favourite Jazz guitarist. Watchin his thumb always make me think WTF? His sound is so nice to the ear.

peace

No picks, just raw naked fingers. :nod:
By beatsfool Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:33 am
Wes is too nice. Picked up a tab book awhile back and Haven't put it down. Took a minute to get this one. That technical smooth jazz is harder than it sounds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JadIhIihTFw haven't even sampled Wes yet. But i wouldn't blame anyone for chopping up some Wes Montgomery
By Ill-Green Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:48 pm
^^^I got that record, nice relaxing trio music for a lazy afternoon. :smoker:

Here's a sample from Group Home. Sounded real tough when I heard this, then 4 years later I find the sample on a Wes Montgomery best of CD.