Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By thematterlp Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:32 am
Is water just cool? Or is there anything cheap out there that works good?

By binger0 Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:28 am
ronsonol lighter fluid is the best shit i ever used. just do it in a well ventilated area. it dries it self off just get a cloth to wipe it round.

By cyrus Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:17 pm
rubbing alchohol diluted with water.

Get like an old 409 spray bottle. Buy a $1 bottle of alchohol.....dump it in, then fill equal part of water, or even less water.

Alchohol is nice because itll get the shit off then evaporate.

I also recomend "gruv glide"

what i usually do is spray it with my alchohol mix to get big chunks, then use gruv glide.

By ILL DIAMOND Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:53 am
WORD^^^^

I use that as well, but i have found out that lysol or scrubbing bubbles work as well.

By DEADLY MiND Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:14 pm
I use windex. It dont hurt the records, its cheap, its easy.

And if its a little dirtier, i use soap and hot water then windex...

By thematterlp Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Deadly where in NH your from son?

By loo2004ep Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:31 am
I THINK SUM OF THEESE METHODS ARE TECHNICS ON MAKING CHEMICAL BOMBS, NAH JUS PLAYIN, I ACTUALLY BOUGHT VINYL CLEANER CALLED DISC WASHER A YEAR AGO ITS SIMILAR LIQUID TO THE SHIT THEY SELL WIT COMPACT DISC CLEANER KITS AND IT COMES WITH A A FELT BRUSH AND ALL THAT JAZZ GOT IT AT A NEWBURY COMICS

By DSTRUCT Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:46 pm
when yall clean your records though, does it sound too "clean". I mean, i sample from wax because it sounds grimey. Will cleaning em make em sound clear like a cd almost?

By thematterlp Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:00 pm
loo2004ep wrote:I THINK SUM OF THEESE METHODS ARE TECHNICS ON MAKING CHEMICAL BOMBS, NAH JUS PLAYIN, I ACTUALLY BOUGHT VINYL CLEANER CALLED DISC WASHER A YEAR AGO ITS SIMILAR LIQUID TO THE **** THEY SELL WIT COMPACT DISC CLEANER KITS AND IT COMES WITH A A FELT BRUSH AND ALL THAT JAZZ GOT IT AT A NEWBURY COMICS

Yeah I think I copped that shit at my newbury comics too

By ILL DIAMOND Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:36 pm
dstruction wrote:when yall clean your records though, does it sound too "clean". I mean, i sample from wax because it sounds grimey. Will cleaning em make em sound clear like a cd almost?

Naw not really, but it makes your needles last a lot longer, because it wont dig in to the grooves and pick up more dirt that it would if you haven't clean them. But most of the time the the grime remains, that gives the vinyl character.
PEACE

By DSTRUCT Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:52 pm
man i had the same needle since i was like 8 (im 23 now) im not worried about damagin it ya dig. Maybe i shouldnt clean em then?

By RonDu Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:57 pm
dstruction wrote:man i had the same needle since i was like 8 (im 23 now) im not worried about damagin it ya dig. Maybe i shouldnt clean em then?

:lol: Since 8? :shock: Wow. That's cool.

By DSTRUCT Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:47 pm
RonDu wrote:
dstruction wrote:man i had the same needle since i was like 8 (im 23 now) im not worried about damagin it ya dig. Maybe i shouldnt clean em then?

:lol: Since 8? :shock: Wow. That's cool.

yeah sh*ts rugged haha

Byesnescis Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:44 am
what methods is there to apply the cleaners? I gave up trying to clean them with stuff beacuse a film was always left behind leaving the record more effed-up then before. and by all means, go ahead and get real specific.

By samplerate Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:33 pm
Use distilled water and alcohol, but 1 part alcohol to 5 parts water. If you don't use distilled water you'll fu@k up your wax.....