Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By edals Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:47 pm
Hi everyone!
While exploring the depths of the 4k I came across one function which doesn't seem to be described either in the manual or on the forum. Here is the screenshot:

So, the question is: how does the Pitch Corrector work when the SCALE is set to MIDI? Has anyone made use of this function?
By Lampdog Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:27 pm
Nah man, lol. I've seen the pitch corrector before but never used it. I wish I could shed more light on it but I can't. All I could do is try it when I get home via midi Triton Extreme.
By edals Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:48 am
The MIDI scale only appears in OS 1.71, so it is not described in the manual.

I suppose that this function can work as an Autotune, but can't get it to work the way I want.
By edals Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:44 pm
CheeseDetective wrote:I think it means u can enter the new pitch using a midi keyboard instead of dialling it in on the mpc.

I have the same guessing, but can't set it up to work. The MIDI channel setting does nothing.
By Ian Canefire Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:59 pm
I recall one of these functions was not fully implemented in the OS. I am sure there is an older thread about it. I am almost positive it was one of the pitch correction items. IT essence it was supposed to be like a autotune type of thing but was never completed.

Peace
Ian
By edals Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:42 am
That's sad. I've just come across the video about new features in Ren's v.1.8 software update. An MPC 4k is seen in the background of the studio, and I've got a strong desire to shout out loud to AKAI "You better should update the 4K, goddamn!"