Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By stealthtank Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:44 pm
Hey guys

How the hell do you save the polyphony of samples with the program?
I like to have my drums polyphony set to 1 (MONO) but everytime i open up the MPC they are all set to 64 (POLY) . Its a pain in the ass to manually set them all to mono each time you boot the MPC. Must be some kind of way to save all these settings with the program?

THANKS!
By Lampdog Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:28 pm
How I learned.

Saved "Entire Memory" to a folder.
I then powered off/on and loaded each diff file type individually and took time to go through
a bunch of menus to see what got saved and what didn't each time I loaded a file type.
I wrote it down. I knew what I was looking for because of years on 2kxl.
Took a while but after that it was easier to understand.

Been a while doing this so I don't remember every little thing.
By Jay Quentin Thu May 05, 2016 7:45 pm
Use the file memory system, so the 4000 powers up to complement your music making idiosyncrasies.

1. create a blank (without sounds) Program Template for your drums with all your preferred settings

2. from the save page, create a folder (F3) and name it AUTOLOAD

3. save your blank drum program template into the AUTOLOAD folder

4. go to GLOBAL page and and engage the Autoload feature by setting it to ON.

Problem solved.

FYI: Whichever track you're sequencer is set to (1, 2, 3, etc.) will be the track shown when you power up the 4000.

Word to the Wise
Do the same by creating a Blank Sample Template too, so when you chop by using the Region set and Region slice features, there will be no need to repeat any tedious basic adjusting. You can quickly assign the chops to the pads and change the world with your ferocious creativity...

Keep Bangin'