Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By abc Fri May 20, 2016 10:56 pm
Just bought my first 4k. I'm getting a whispering feedback noise when I plug my headphones in. It is much more noticeable when the MP first fires up, but it lulls after the screen loads. For some reason when I turn the headphone volume all the way up it is less noticeable. I have opened it up and checked all the connections and shit. I plugged my headphones into the speaker outs and did not get any feedback. Is there anything else I should check before go ahead and order a new board?
By Lampdog Fri May 20, 2016 11:31 pm
Congrats.

I've never had that problem so I don't know what to tell you. I've headphoned from 4k directly
and audio interface with 4k going out adat.
By abc Sat May 21, 2016 1:54 am
Why thank you. Hey, I meant to post this in the 4k thread, can you move it there please?
By Lampdog Sat May 21, 2016 4:28 am
Done
By abc Sun May 22, 2016 4:01 am
Update:

Just discovered that the humming increases in I touch or press down on the casing, especially around the Q-Links.
By Ill-Green Mon May 23, 2016 4:14 am
Sounds like a grounding wire issue. open her up and look for the ground wire to see whats up. Its a wire connected to a screw and small metal plate.
By smokeme442200 Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:29 pm
Your correct it is a grounding issue, I own two mpc 4000, both produce the same issue and guess what? The sound didnt change when I exchanged the headphone boards, but it did when I exchanged the screens!!! So if u look at the screen it is unusually soldered to the ground, changing my screen contrast changes the frequency of the noise. My solution: use a cable two 1/4" unbalanced males to female balenced, use this as your headphone jack and boom perfectly silent :popcorn: