Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By tonebeats Fri May 11, 2012 5:09 pm
Hi,

I hadn't used my 4000 in well over a year. Last night when I turned it on, I immediately
noticed that when I struck a pad once, the sample would sometimes play back
twice in quick succession. (like a 1/16th note)

I checked the forum and found that others have had the same issue. The solutions
posted ranged from, "replace the sensors" to "that's just the way the 4000 is, so get
used to it." My 4000 never did that in the past so I knew that wasn't the case.

I bought my 4000 brand new in the box and babied it, so I doubted that the sensors
were worn. Plus the problem wasn't specific to one pad or row of pads.

To shorten the story, this is what worked for me. Goto "Global" and hit "initial" and
"Do it". Then turn off "Autoload" (right below "Default Items"). Restart.

This worked perfectly, so maybe my "Autoload Program" had somehow gotten corrupted.

I hope this turns out to be helpful to someone.

tONE
By wavemartian Sat May 12, 2012 2:14 pm
It's a fine machine, albeit has a few funny quirks, mine only resets to default sample rate , 44.1 khz, no matter what rate is set, same as the clock; not concerned though, it's always been like that. VST service say they of only heard of 2 or 3 units to act like this
By abc Sun May 22, 2016 6:51 am
Tried this, didn't do anything. Been looking through the archives and everyone says that's just how the 4k is. But there was a setting you could switch to on my 2500 that could make the pads trigger like these do. I wish I remembered what it was. There was an old Memorecks video where he talks about it because he got an MPC after only using MPKs and he hated it until he switched that setting.
By smokeme442200 Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:35 pm
In my experience the stock sensors are better than the Mpc stuff ones, unlike the Mpc 2kxl which has amazing pads, the Mpc 4000 pads can be sort of calibrated in a sense. This is done by using an Allen wrench to tighten the four screws on the corners of the pads. I added peices of tape under mine to provide added sensitivity. Then I tightened the screws real tight which has improved and lessened the double trigger problem, now, practically as good as the Mpc 2k xl