Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By CharlesRandolph Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:36 am
Dada wrote:My 4000 work fine firts 10 min but after that program and sample setup run slow af?? I need help!!

1. If the samples are on the Hard Drive, that could be the internal HD telling you, it's about to die.
2. If you are sampling into the 4000 and you are getting slow down, open up the 4000 and reseat the RAM. If that does the fix the slow down, try buying new RAM.
By Lampdog Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:18 am
4k doesn't stream samples from hd right?
Everything is loaded into and played from RAM right?

So that would be RAM. Something about RAM.

If using 2 sticks, try with one stick for 20 minutes. If fine then that stick is ok.

Take RAM outta the picture and try, 2mb on mobo by default I think.

Reseat.

Clean.

Purchase.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:34 am
Lampdog wrote:4k doesn't stream samples from hd right?
Everything is loaded into and played from RAM right?

So that would be RAM. Something about RAM.

If using 2 sticks, try with one stick for 20 minutes. If fine then that stick is ok.

Take RAM outta the picture and try, 2mb on mobo by default I think.

Reseat.

Clean.

Purchase.

I had issues with projects, loading slow from the Hard Drive and it turned out the old IDE HD was on it's last legs. However, his issue does sounds RAM related.

As far as Disk Streaming lets not open up that can of unfulfilled worms. I remember that whole, "Virtual Sampling Streams directly from hard disk, like Gigastudio marketing pitch." :-D
By Dada Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 am
Can it be corrupted wav file if load new samples on usb program and sample setup problems starts all old project on my hd work fine its maybe one sample on my new sample pack if i don load any file on that pack everything work fine hd is western digital ada ide from 2011 it was used hard drive but guy who sell it to me check that with western digital testing tool and give me half year quarentee and my mpc was my fixing guy because usb connection was broke and he also clean and check everything change new 808 style pads and hard drive because old one was slow and make some wierd sound.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:28 pm
Dada wrote:Can it be corrupted wav file if load new samples on usb program and sample setup problems starts all old project on my hd work fine its maybe one sample on my new sample pack if i don load any file on that pack everything work fine hd is western digital ada ide from 2011 it was used hard drive but guy who sell it to me check that with western digital testing tool and give me half year quarentee and my mpc was my fixing guy because usb connection was broke and he also clean and check everything change new 808 style pads and hard drive because old one was slow and make some wierd sound.

How many Megabytes is your new sample pack?
Do you have 512 mb of memory installed?
By Dada Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:08 am
I got full memory 512 and 120gb hard drive i found that one sample (it was my own loop) i dont know what happend i cut my all samples with cool edit because cutting loops with 4000 sucks this is first time this ever happend to me if somebody know this problem i like to hear more.