Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By kevtech Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:05 pm
Recently acquired and MPC. After setting the date and time i hit F6 (set)..but nothing happens... it goes back to Aug 7 2009(the date on the machine when i originally got it. Does this mean i need to change a battery or something. With computers the CMOS battery stores the date and time when the machine is off...I'm not sure if the MPC 4000 works on the same principle. If anyone knows it would be helpful.

Thanks
By kevtech Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:13 pm
Lord Toranaga wrote:probably a battery issue, open it up and see if you can find the battery.

you might be able to find the mpc4000 service manual in another thread, in thi this forum

good luck

Thanks..I'll opened it up and take a look
By kevtech Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:42 pm
Lord Toranaga wrote:I honestly don't remember if there is a battery or not.

There is a battery in the MPC. It is one of those flat quarter size lithium 3v batteries. I took it out and tried to see if the time and date could be changed. Still nothing. I'm go to try replacing it and see if it makes a difference..Radioshack may have them.
By feline1 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:14 pm
it may well be that CMOS battery,
another possibility is that if the time and date are set to something else in Ak.Sys, then connecting it to that via USB can change your MPC's data and time....... (unlikely, I know)
By kevtech Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:51 pm
feline1 wrote:it may well be that CMOS battery,
another possibility is that if the time and date are set to something else in Ak.Sys, then connecting it to that via USB can change your MPC's data and time....... (unlikely, I know)

Thanks for the brainstorm. I bought the MPC like that. When i get a chance i'll change the CMOS battery and let forum know.

Thanks again
By kevtech Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 pm
feline1 wrote:it may well be that CMOS battery,

Swapped out battery still nothing..time and date won't move. I even tried it without battery..i should have gotten an error message at least. I'll try setting in Ak.sys if that's possible? I think it's software related not hardware. Not a big deal but would like to know why it won't change. Last option reinstall operation system
By kevtech Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:46 pm
wavemartian wrote:Nah, I think there is more to it than simply not being able to read the time/date, considering the recent trouble I had, also the date and time reverts forward to jan 1 2020!! this mpc was ahead of its time!

Yeah the one i have has the date a few years back...and it won't reset. So it must be a bug then.
By kevtech Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:52 pm
feline1 wrote:well if you look in the SysEx spec, you can find the string to set the date and time...

Not that familiar with SYSex. I'll have to do some research.

Thanks