Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By kevtech Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:02 pm
charlieocali wrote:Any new developments on this? Mine is like this now, and I can not change the sample rate either.

Peace,

Charlie

No, I just left it the way it was. I haven't checked to see if i can reset sample rate. I was thinking the solution might be to reinstall OS. I have to back up 40GB worth of material. I tried take the battery out, replacing it but that didn't work. It's odd only time and date affect and in your case sample rate
By Reveal Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:13 pm
wavemartian wrote:Same here, I have never being able to adjust the sample rate, nor change date or time

Dude, that's messed up. What OS you using?
By kevtech Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:55 pm
Reveal wrote:Might be worth trying the initialising all parameters in the global menu and reinstalling the OS.

Tried that a few times...turned off the machine to reset. Still no change. I'm using lastest OS 1.71 by the way. I wonder if going to an old OS and then to a current one will fix the problem. I have no way of testing.
By wavemartian Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:07 am
I have the most recent OS 1.71. About 2 months ago I had a major issue with a start up frozen screen, I only resolved this by changing the cmos battery. Everything else works fine, CD drive sometimes is a bit cranky. With the sample rate it re-boots but only shows 44Khz sampling frequency. I'm just interested to find the cause, and if it is somehow related to my past experience with the frozen screen
By charlieocali Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:22 pm
Tonight I am going to in-install my CD drive, and digital card as well, I suspect it is an expansion of some kind causing this issue, either that, or the main board itself.
By kevtech Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:59 pm
charlieocali wrote:Tonight I am going to in-install my CD drive, and digital card as well, I suspect it is an expansion of some kind causing this issue, either that, or the main board itself.

I had nothing installed base machine. This might help. I don't think it's on e of the expansion unit. Leaning towards system board or OS. On the board there is a battery. It looks like a CMOS battery for a computer. I actually took it out and turn the machine on. I should have gotten and error or something..same date and time. It will not change.
By kevtech Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:07 pm
charlieocali wrote:Any new developments on this? Mine is like this now, and I can not change the sample rate either.

Peace,

Charlie

Have to try that. From what i'm reading it looks like it won't do anything...but i'll check
By MPCdawk Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:31 pm
kevtech wrote:
charlieocali wrote:Tonight I am going to in-install my CD drive, and digital card as well, I suspect it is an expansion of some kind causing this issue, either that, or the main board itself.

I had nothing installed base machine...

You would have had the FX expansion installed though, right?

Somebody on here did have some issues with a crapped FX board that was causing some strange problems.
By charlieocali Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:50 pm
MPCdawk wrote:
kevtech wrote:

I had nothing installed base machine...

You would have had the FX expansion installed though, right?

Somebody on here did have some issues with a crapped FX board that was causing some strange problems.

I'm going to try this next! Since I track my MPC out analog, I really need to get this machine at the highest sample rate possible. Yes, I am a fidelity junky.
By charlieocali Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:58 am
I opened mine up, jiggled things around, and boom, it came back. But than a static problem returned, random pops and clicks. So I reopened it, found that one of my PCB boards had a burned solder point. So I re-soldered it. Clean signal again, but no sample rate change again. I think I better just leave this beast alone. Ugh.