Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By serebe Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:11 am
I recently bought a MPC 4000 off e-bay ( I had previously owned one before) and the function keys (F4, F5, F6) do not work. It also wont complete a load from CD or USB, it loads half way and stops, then I have to shut it off to abort because abort wont work like it seems to be froze when I load. Being that the main function keys dont work, I hook up a USB keyboard and try to control the function keys from it, and it works on some pages, but on the "Do it" F6 functions for the final go ahead, it wont work, i cant erase the entire memory of the system or anything. Im wondering if a virus is in it or what.

I even went out and bought new parts from MPC stuff.com ( i bought the entire Function keys assembly - its brand new) and nothing has changed, the 3 function keys dont work. Im trying to find out if this is something I can fix before I run the machine down to the shop and pay $60 an hour for them to fix it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, its much appreciated.
By serebe Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:51 am
I wonder how that would help out the loading situation I am facing? It wont load at all off USB or CD, and autoload does not work either. One guy told me that the something is wrong with the components and it may cost around $300 to fix.

thank, I will take a look.
By serebe Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:32 am
Thanks

I actually figured out the issue, I spoke to the guy at Forat and he said to check if there is a crack in the "Operation Assembly". So i went ahead and took the entire thing apart, and what do ya know, there is a crack in the Assembly. Looks like they have the parts I need at MPCSTUFF.com, but its going to cost $210 bucks for it. The person who had it last must have gotten mad and punched the MPC so hard on top of the Q-Link area and cracked the Operation Assembly underneath. It Sucks, but at least I will be getting it fixed, I thought it would be easier, but no luck.

Thanks for your info and support, im glad mpcstuff.com still has those PCB Operation Assembly's lying around.

:)