Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By dustymaestro Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 pm
So far so good. It's working, I haven't got deep into the features yet. Individual sounds and whole folders are going! The mixer is working.

I turned the mac and mpc off, connected the usb, turned the mac on, turned the mpc on, started aksys.
By labcoats Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 pm
A PC is my main workhorse but I just checked on my Imac running 10.6.8 and it works fine. Are there issues with 10.6.8?

One thing I would like to mention: Never turn off the MPC whilst loading/transferring from the computer. If you load a complete folder you will likely see the spinning ball - maybe thinking its crashed. It hasnt - just takes time to transfer. The chances of a circuit board collapse is pretty slim but I definitely know this happened to someone.
By labcoats Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:18 pm
Hmmm
Just messing around and I think some functionality is missing. Cant seem to get the virtual MPC thing to come up. I dont use it often, but when I do its on Win XP and I think it looks different.

EDIT
Back again: I get the mixer (which is cool) and the programme editor. - also cool. I wonder if its my Z4 which shows a kind of virtual MPC4k on win XP?

The 4ks ability to talk to a computer really does make it a machine which fits very well in to a modern day set up. Im just messing around with parameters on Aksys and it really has stood the test of time very well.
By labcoats Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:19 pm
Agreed. I reckon it looks as good as the Ren.

Do you get the virtual MPC showing up though?
Or is that only on the Z4/Z8?

I also notice I was able to change some parameters much much faster via the USB. For example tuning samples/keygroups is really slow from my 4ks dial. I have to stop the sequencer to make fast adjustments. Not so with the USB connection
By labcoats Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 pm
dustymaestro wrote:If I recall correctly, there is no virtual mpc in aksys.

Maybe I confused it with another app I used?
I was just certain I dragged Wavs on to a virtual MPC - hence why Im also thinking my Z4 which isnt connected up these days.
By dustymaestro Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 pm
labcoats wrote:
dustymaestro wrote:If I recall correctly, there is no virtual mpc in aksys.

Maybe I confused it with another app I used?
I was just certain I dragged Wavs on to a virtual MPC - hence why Im also thinking my Z4 which isnt connected up these days.

I think the z8-4, s5 and s6000 have it.
By Ian Canefire Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:58 pm
There isn't a virtual MPC 4000 screen that displays on the computer in Ak.sys....it only happens with the Z4 and Z8.

I also want to know where the pad editor is. Having a big screen like that is great. I wish I had one.

Peace
Ian
By Coz Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:19 pm
It's there fellas.

Right click on the MPC4000 icon (top left) and choose Pad Editor. Drag and drop till your heart's content. 8)

By atestarr Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:23 pm
Coz, you da greatest.

edit: confirmed. ctrl clicked on mac on the MPC 4000 icon at top of ak.Sys browser. sweet!

Coz wrote:It's there fellas.

Right click on the MPC4000 icon (top left) and choose Pad Editor. Drag and drop till your heart's content. 8)

By labcoats Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:18 am
Ian Canefire wrote:There isn't a virtual MPC 4000 screen that displays on the computer in Ak.sys....it only happens with the Z4 and Z8.

I also want to know where the pad editor is. Having a big screen like that is great. I wish I had one.

Peace
Ian

Yes your right. My mind had melted. I was thinking of the pad editor for the 4k