Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Clint Tue May 06, 2014 9:07 pm
tsutek wrote: "some lines on the LCD, never bothered me enough to replace"...

Bothered him enough to offload it for just $545.55 (£321.39), to an international buyer with a feedback score of 1, after only three bids...

I hope this ends well, but you really should learn a lot from this experience.
By tsutek Wed May 07, 2014 6:15 am
naww man, he offloaded it coz the jogwheel finally broke ;)

luckily my return is going through, sending the thing back tonight! Sure learned my lesson sirs. Will be more careful in the future with ebay.
By wavejockey Wed May 07, 2014 11:34 am
hey,

We (in belgium) got this one for 800€ - incl FX, 512MB and 8 output
http://www.2dehands.be/muziek/muziekins ... 92387.html

-since it is already on sale from jan. i think you can knock some off-
(or free shipping?)

i got a 4k allready so i can assist you in testing it (and i'm not too far away from it)

knowing i paid mine 400€ (incl ADAT etc) 3y ago you could say that prices are on the rise

greetz

jay
By tsutek Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 pm
800€ without massive shipping and tax doesn't actually sound that bad.. If it has the 8 outs expansion, maxed RAM and is otherwise in perfect condition (LCD/pads/jogs/tacts working). Once i get the refund I intend to get a 100% working unit, costs be damned, my cortisol levels are getting nasty ;)
By tsutek Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 am
313 studio tricks wrote:well dont forget how nice it might be to use your higher end soundcard dacs on your mpc sounds!

But of course! I sample all my sounds through my Apollo twin, process and copy PCMs to a USB stick on the 4k. OTOH, i really dig the DAC tone of the 4k, so no ADAT expansion for me (going to run the analog 8 outs into an Audient 008 frontend and ADAT from there into the computer when tracking)
By tsutek Thu May 08, 2014 7:56 am
Guys, I know you already think I'm bonkers for even bidding on the 4k I got, but now I declare total insanity: I have decided to keep the 4k after all.

I know I should have done the right thing, but I started to feel such pity for the poor ol 4k.. ebay would not have covered my extraneous shipping fees (which were approaching 300€) in any case. I looked at the poor sod, looked at my 2500, and thought "there's no going back to that one anymore.. just look at the poor bugger, you can't send er back to the 'evil pimp'".. So fvk it. Imma fix this ol' lady up!

I can't explain why I'm so drawn to this particular 4k.. I know mr. muffins got the long end of the stick here, but I'm too old to fight for justice in this world, just hooking up the USB keyboard and making beats already <3

Much appreciation for your support and suggestions!
By dustymaestro Thu May 08, 2014 1:45 pm
tsutek wrote:Guys, I know you already think I'm bonkers for even bidding on the 4k I got, but now I declare total insanity: I have decided to keep the 4k after all.

I know I should have done the right thing, but I started to feel such pity for the poor ol 4k.. ebay would not have covered my extraneous shipping fees (which were approaching 300€) in any case. I looked at the poor sod, looked at my 2500, and thought "there's no going back to that one anymore.. just look at the poor bugger, you can't send er back to the 'evil pimp'".. So fvk it. Imma fix this ol' lady up!

I can't explain why I'm so drawn to this particular 4k.. I know mr. muffins got the long end of the stick here, but I'm too old to fight for justice in this world, just hooking up the USB keyboard and making beats already <3

Much appreciation for your support and suggestions!

Sometimes its easier to just move on. Life is too short and wondrous to be worried about the little shet.

As they say in hip hop "Big things poppin, lil things stoppin"

Time to have fun! Congratulations, I love this thing to. :-D
By soundtech Thu May 08, 2014 10:07 pm
yeah i think the idea of a partial refund is the best. you definitely should get that. if the ram hasnt damaged anything in it you should be able to fix/replace the screen and jogwheel

i understand how you feel of all my mpcs i feel most attached to the most beat one, an mpc 60 i bought as not working from an honest seller and fixed it. i'd have a very hard time letting it go. the pads on it are the best i played btw.

so fixing will give you some satisfaction and with a refund you should do great sure you'll find the parts