Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Ian Canefire Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:15 pm
Peace Richie,
I cleaned the plate that the sensor sticks to.
Currently, the guys at computech near university of maryland are awesome. They lowered their price since it was an easy thing for them to convert the ssd to fat32.
I just completed the quick format and it says 119gb. So the ssd was not a brick and the only noise my mpc makes is the fan and the CD drive.
Now back to the pad install. Which I will discuss in a separate thread.

Looks like the pads are in properly. Unf#$&withable was right it needed more force. I had to use two hands to really jam it in. Biggup
Cheers,
Ian
Last edited by Ian Canefire on Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Horseclick Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:31 pm
@ian

whats the jumper settings on your startech? master/slave or cable select?

before you fgo spendiong silly money on a tech do some investigating as to why your 4k is not seing the drive, the drive will have no name on the 4k until you format it but it will be there once you have done things correctly
By Ian Canefire Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:57 am
Everything is working beautifully. I am loading my samples (that were backed up elsewhere) thru aksys.
Aksys is definitely loading the samples faster than in the past.
The silence is great. When i am 4 feet away it is wayyyyy quieter than before. Now i just have to do this switch with my roland vs2480.
Peace
Ian
By Horseclick Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:46 pm
Ian Canefire wrote:Everything is working beautifully. I am loading my samples (that were backed up elsewhere) thru aksys.
Aksys is definitely loading the samples faster than in the past.
The silence is great. When i am 4 feet away it is wayyyyy quieter than before. Now i just have to do this switch with my roland vs2480.
Peace
Ian

great news, i hoped you filmed your process :)

also what windows version are you using with aksys or are you mac based?

you should also notice the decreases in load times and saving with the ssd.