Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Kevinmcnasty Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:52 am
Is there a setting that makes the MPC jump to back to the beginning of the loop when I press (Play + Overdub) like the 2Kxl does? Also when I turn "Loop" off, is there a way to make it stop instead of extending the sequence length? Any help is greatly appreciated.
By wavejockey Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:03 am
the whole meaning of play+overdub is punching in while you are playing
press play start + record if you want to start (recording) from the beginning

if Loop is OFF, then the sequencer stops at the end of the designated bars
what do you mean by extending the length?

jay
By Kevinmcnasty Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:03 pm
@ Jay: Thanks for the reply man. The reason I'm asking this question is when you play a part you don't like on the MPC 2000xl you hit (Undo Seq) then (Play+Record) or (Play+Overdub), it jumps back to the beginning of the sequence whereas the MPC 4000 Jumps to the previous bar. I would like it to behave like the MPC 2000xl if that's possible. When "Loop" is turned off on either of these MPCs and you play a 4 bar loop, it doesn't stop after it plays 4 bars, instead it just keeps adding bars after 4. Do yours behave differently than mine?
By Lampdog Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:41 pm
Wal Martian wrote:There are two buttons, Play and Play Start.
Play goes from the current location (useful for overdubbing mistakes) Play Start will start at the beginning of the sequence.

This is what I was thinking too, but, I wasn't sure if it was the answer, because I was confused by the question.