Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By troglodyte Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:37 pm
Hello. Recently I parted with my old friend the MPC2000XL I was able to take advantage of a really nice opportunity. I gave the MPC2000XL a good home by selling to a friend of mine. Another friend of mine sold me his MPC4000 for a really good price. Anyway, I am trying to learn the 4000 but I am figuring it out. This forum has been a huge help and all of the manuals I have downloaded on the internet. I am trying to download ak.sys to my macbook pro and all of the links I am finding on the internet are either no existent or I'm getting Power PC no longer supported errors on the few links that I found. I looked on the Akai website but they must have removed ak.sys since they are pushing for the newer software MPC sales etc. I would really appreciate it if anyone can hook me up with a good working link. Ak.sys seems really cool. I got a great deal on the MPC4000 but also have already had to replace the internal HD (waiting for a new one to arrive in the mail now) Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I know I am a little late to the MPC4000 party. Thanks!
By Lampdog Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:34 pm
Yeah, Pay attention to what your actually downloading.

I downloaded the *.DMG just fine. I don't have a Mac, but I know the format extension is what you would also download. Please pay attention.