Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Tarik Havoc Fri May 05, 2017 9:11 pm
I'm looking into getting a mpc4000 but have 2 questions I haven't found the answer to.

1st Does the 4K really have sample while play since the Eps classic and maschine this is a cool feature especially when doing your own live instruments

2nd can you browse samples while the sequencer running and assign them to pads. Once again something I got spoiled with maschine. And when using synths and sound modules.

Any help would be appreciated thanks
By Tarik Havoc Fri May 05, 2017 9:44 pm
Also can the 4K resample itself ? So if I stick two snares together and filtered them to sound dope can I resample that snare so I can call it up every time
By FatVonFree Mon May 15, 2017 1:35 pm
you what up man...so yeah i play guitar and bass...you can sample your guitar or bass or any instrument into the 4000 while the sample is playing...i had a mpc1000 long time ago and it had this feature...got a 2000xl later and it couldnt do this so its a no go since i play live instruments in all my beats...

sample browsing...i havent been able to do that yet...as far as having a sequence playing and then audition the sound while the beat plays....wish i could cause i run my gear through lots of outboard gear so the sounds in solo are waaaaaay different once the other elements kick in...not a deal break for me though.

and hell yeah it can resample itself...it can go down to 8 bit. i have had my 4k for less than a year but have put out many tracks with it...love it man.... hit me up if you got any other questions