Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By hellodustin Mon May 15, 2017 8:38 am
Hey there. Got this MPC4000 recently and it was kind of working, now it seems to be failing. No sound is registering in. I've got a synth hooked up and it just won't show any sound coming in. I've also loaded samples to the pads and I've got no sound coming out of the headphone jack.

Any recommendations on where to start? The fan is really noisy, I'll likely replace that, but don't anticipate that fixing it. It is registering 512mb RAM although I was thinking of replacing it just because it is cheap. Not really sure what else might be worth looking into. It has a zip drive, probably pull that out at some point and replace it with an ssd.

Before this complete failure it seemed it would take a while to get 'warmed up' then the synth in would register. Now its cold where I live, it seems too cold to ever get her warmed up.

The headphone jack was working before too although 'noisy' now is no longer working whatsoever. When it was working it didn't require time to warm up, I could just load up samples and play them back immediately. It still has the static noise to it, but no actual sound coming out ever.