Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By sorry in advance, I'm new Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 pm
Hey guys, was about to start reading the 4k noobie bible but realize I've got 1 question that need to act on immediately. Whats just a good enough audio interface? I've seen alot of the times the numbers are over 1k$ but is that really necessary? and what is really the difference in interfaces ? Cant use a mixer? Looking for interface to connect my 4k to my mac please help ):
By richie Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:29 pm
Send a message to Living Bate on this. He's the expert here about the MPC 4000 and Mac sound card interface users who do not like to use google for anything.
By Cockdiesel Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:18 pm
There are a lot of variables with this one.... if you have 8 outs on the 4K I'd suggest something that you can make use of them. Does it need to be rackmount, or even a sound card? What about digital recorders? What's your budget, etc ?

Google is your friend, and so are details. The first newbie mistake is usually not checking google. People grow tired after seeing the same type of questions over and over again. Look into some some choices that fit your bill, and maybe come back with a question like:

Zoom LiveTrak L-12 Or Focusrite Scarlett for my mac/4000 setup? People can politic about the pros and cons of the different setups and you can have more input into your decision.

In the end it's your decision.
By sorry in advance, I'm new Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:13 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:There are a lot of variables with this one.... if you have 8 outs on the 4K I'd suggest something that you can make use of them. Does it need to be rackmount, or even a sound card? What about digital recorders? What's your budget, etc ?

Google is your friend, and so are details. The first newbie mistake is usually not checking google. People grow tired after seeing the same type of questions over and over again. Look into some some choices that fit your bill, and maybe come back with a question like:

Zoom LiveTrak L-12 Or Focusrite Scarlett for my mac/4000 setup? People can politic about the pros and cons of the different setups and you can have more input into your decision.

In the end it's your decision.

My 4k does not have 8 out only the 2ks have 8 outs that i own. but I'm more focused on getting my 4k synced with logic pro. Yes guys I've googled this stuff but I'm just so new to music production that i just honestly want to talk to some one with experience that can ask my dumb questions directly. I've got a midi 2 usb bio cable thats it really. For price range id say maybe 300$ if really have to 500$ since I've got a few machines id like to have connected so i understand buying something pricier is for using multiple things.
By sorry in advance, I'm new Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 pm
richie wrote:Send a message to Living Bate on this. He's the expert here about the MPC 4000 and Mac sound card interface users who do not like to use google for anything.

thanks for the help ill message them once i figure out how
By Lampdog Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:04 am
Post pics of the gear you are looking into getting so we can give advice.

Some mixers are audio interfaces as well. Some audio interfaces are only 2 channel via usb.

Me, my 4k has 8ch adat which uses optical cable to my interface. It’s not the interface you want.

RIP Tweak

http://tweakheadz.com/audio-interfaces-low-cost/

http://tweakheadz.com/audio-interfaces-1/

http://tweakheadz.com/soundcards-and-audio-interfaces/
By Living Bate Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:24 am
richie wrote:Send a message to Living Bate on this. He's the expert here about the MPC 4000 and Mac sound card interface users who do not like to use google for anything.

:hmmm: I haven't got a 4000 or a Mac

think Richie has been smoking embalming fluid
By richie Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:46 pm
Living Bate wrote:think Richie has been smoking embalming fluid

Living Bate wrote:I worked for Akai's MPC 4000 team and specialized in the 8 out interface and Mac computers.
By Lampdog Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:45 pm
richie wrote:Image

:lol: :lol:
By sorry in advance, I'm new Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:27 pm
Lampdog wrote:Post pics of the gear you are looking into getting so we can give advice.

Some mixers are audio interfaces as well. Some audio interfaces are only 2 channel via usb.

Me, my 4k has 8ch adat which uses optical cable to my interface. It’s not the interface you want.

RIP Tweak

http://tweakheadz.com/audio-interfaces-low-cost/

http://tweakheadz.com/audio-interfaces-1/

http://tweakheadz.com/soundcards-and-audio-interfaces/

hmmm what about the tascam us2000? or for mixer the Behringer Eurorack b802 mixer?
By Lampdog Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:59 pm
Read the specs on gear your interested in. See if it does what you need it to do.

Check the price on gear your interested in to see if it fits your budget/wallet/purse.
By sorry in advance, I'm new Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:53 am
Lampdog wrote:Read the specs on gear your interested in. See if it does what you need it to do.

Check the price on gear your interested in to see if it fits your budget/wallet/purse.

I'm looking for an interface that can work on any of my mpcs connected to my mac/logic? I'm not sure why I'm not just receiving direct answers. Is every one here just a troll? Is it not realistic to not spend 1000$ on an interface or is that what I'm really going to have to do? Neither of my macs have 8 outs is that an issue that won't let me do anything with any of my macs or?
By sorry in advance, I'm new Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:54 am
sorry in advance, I'm new wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Read the specs on gear your interested in. See if it does what you need it to do.

I'm looking for an interface that can work on any of my mpcs connected to my mac/logic? I'm not sure why I'm not just receiving direct answers. Is every one here just a troll? Is it not realistic to not spend 1000$ on an interface or is that what I'm really going to have to do? Neither of my macs have 8 outs is that an issue that won't let me do anything with any of my mpcs or?
macs not macs