Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By samSMoP Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:37 pm
Hi,

I'm hoping for some advice on tracking down a problem I've been having with my 4000, please.

I recently replaced the USB & Headphone board in my 4000, because the USB port wasn't working. Since then, I've been having a strange issue where intermittent noise (harsh static) and intermittent audio drop outs happen; I think I must have bumped something while I had the unit open. Also, sounds like notes occasionally repeat or play without pads being pressed.

The issue happens on both the Main Outs and Headphone Outs. The noise is not constant, but occurs randomly within 10-20 second cycles, and it doesn't make a difference whether I'm pressed the pads, or if I'm playing back a sequence.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to track down what's going on. I'm fairly certain nothing is else is damaged, but likely a loose connection I'm not yet seeing.

Thank you in advance!
Sam
By samSMoP Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:11 pm
I didn't have to move much to install the new USB drive, except for the hard disk, which is working perfectly. I'm still having this issue, and would appreciate any advice you guys might have. Thanks!
By CharlesRandolph Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:50 am
samSMoP wrote:I didn't have to move much to install the new USB drive, except for the hard disk, which is working perfectly. I'm still having this issue, and would appreciate any advice you guys might have. Thanks!

Open it up and try resitting the R.A.M.