Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By JUKE 179r Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:39 pm
What led you to believe the CPU is dead?
By JUKE 179r Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Damn. That sucks...
By richie Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:34 pm
You should take it to another technician. I am curious if the technician used a logic probe to determine if the cpu is in fact not sending any signals or was lazy and told you the cpu is dead just to get you out of his hair.
By JUKE 179r Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:59 pm
Yeah man. Like ritchie said, get a second opinion from someone else.
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:51 pm
Son of Musashi wrote:Hi, i have an MPC 4k with a dead CPU, can anyone help point me in the right direction to get a replacement.

Thanks a bunch.

You may want to consider bidding on this if you trust the seller........The price where it's at now is probably cheaper than your MP would cost to get repaired.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Akai-MPC4000-N ... SwBkRaIg76
By richie Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:12 am
Better off contacting the seller, asking them what they'd want to end the auction early.
By Coz Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:37 am
Gotta love eBay auctions with shite photos and vague information! It looks like he's sprinkled glitter on the arm rest. :lol:
By MPCWeapon1 Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:41 pm
Coz wrote:Gotta love eBay auctions with **** photos and vague information! It looks like he's sprinkled glitter on the arm rest. :lol:

I think that’s asphalt paint. Only thing I would be concerned about is why he had to open the hood. I can tell it’s been open because metal guards for the S/PDIF Word Clock I/O is missing, but he probably sold the S/PDIF expansion board. Actually at the price where it’s at now I wouldn’t be concerned.