Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By richie Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:33 pm
@Kalou, do you have any of the screws at all? If so, you can bring the screw to most hardware stores where they can measure the threading and length type.

I believe the screw type is called an indented hex https://www.eaglefastener.net/technical ... tyles.html
By Kalou Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:01 am
Unfortunately I don't. Buying my third 4000 and the original screws look like they've been switched out for bigger ones (I don't know why). Not a major issue, but for aesthetic reasons I'd prefer the original ones. Plus I think being more flush with the body is better for operating the MPC.

Thanks for the info, will see if I can buy some indented hex's

By JUKE 179r Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:13 pm
Those are some big ass screws!!! :shock:
By richie Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:14 pm
I would hate scraping my hands on those screws, I completely get why you'd want to change them out. As long as the threading size is the same, you should be able to do what I mentioned above and choose different screw formats to your liking.
By Kalou Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:38 pm
richie wrote:I would hate scraping my hands on those screws, I completely get why you'd want to change them out. As long as the threading size is the same, you should be able to do what I mentioned above and choose different screw formats to your liking.

Exactly, as well as being aesthetically ugly, they interfere with operation and are a hazard! I'll take them to the hardware store and get them measured. Ty.