Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By edzer Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:15 pm
What's up gang

Thinking about ditching my 2500 for a 4000 but had a dealbreaker question first.

Can I trigger a midi module and sample it, all while in the sample screen?'

I do this with my Emax rack (so I don't need an external trigger) and can sample its fuzzy goodness and into the 2500 and then get busy.

I figure recording the dirt box into 24 bit on the 4000 will give a truer (or as close as I can get) representation of the rack without it coming out of its direct outs.

This the right train of thought? Will a s950/ Emax through the 4000 sound significantly better than through a 2500?

:hmmm:
By Lampdog Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:28 pm
edzer wrote:Will a s950/ Emax through the 4000 sound significantly better than through a 2500?

No.
By edzer Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:20 am
Lampdog wrote:
edzer wrote:Will a s950/ Emax through the 4000 sound significantly better than through a 2500?

No.

word, thanks for killing the gear lust a bit

tiger001 wrote:trigger (from the pads) while in sampling screen works

nice, appreciate the answer man. the 4000 is the only MP I've never gotten to touch, and it intrigues me as an all in one piece somewhat
By Lampdog Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:48 pm
edzer wrote:word, thanks for killing the gear lust a bit

:lol: :lol: Just telling the truth man.

edzer wrote:...... and it intrigues me as an all in one piece somewhat

It's a full fledged sampler. I'm glad I have one. Used it alot in past years, now, not so much
but it's nice to have when I get the urge to punch pads and no be limited to a 2kxl.
By edzer Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:35 pm
Wal Martian wrote:Why not just hook up a simple MIDI keyboard to the module?

yeah could definitely do that. I'm moving to a tiny room so was just trying to have as small a studio as possible and likely wouldn't use midi keys for anything else, so was trying to bypass buying one.

f*ck it, I got more than enough gear. should be selling, not buying anyways. if the 2500 workflow is faster and the sound of it and the 4000 is similar, might as well stick with what I have/know.