Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By T-Jac Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:49 pm
is there a setting for 1/4 quantize that i'm missing. and also. is there a quick way to toggle between count in (on) and count in (off) and one more question. is there a way to make those step buttons work during playback. so it will go back a bar with one press (like mpc 3000) instead of hitting stop and then hitting the step button. i guess so far my prob with the 4k is it takes too long to get where you want to go. there are no quick keys. for recording related tasks.

By earthmorphosis Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:13 pm
There is no 1/4 setting. The only way to toggle between count on and off is to go to the main page and turn it on or off. It would be nice if there were a dedicated button so you could turn it on or off regardless of what page you are on. :( I dont think the locator button work during playback. That seems like something that could be written into the OS. Lets hope the new OS is a slam dunk. There is so much more that this machine is capable of if all our ideas were collectively written into the OS!

To Recap: No, No & No. :?
By Gigaton Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:09 am
on a much brighter note. Earth what the deal BigUP
i haven't been around for a minute, but i miss you guys and hope all is bangin on the machine. Whats with the beats????? show sum money spread your drum love out.Let us hear!!!! Everybody Stay da F*ck UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By earthmorphosis Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:48 pm
Hey Gig, I've been a little absent from this forum myself lately. I just finished a Jazz/Fusion/D&B/Latin EP that I produced and engineered (all live insturments!). Lately I've just been tinkering around with some beats on the 4000. I should have some finished work around the end of June. My philosophy: "dont show your cards until you have all aces!"

Cant wait for this fukin upgrade...HURRY THE FUK UP AKAI!!!! :twisted: