Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By dBd Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:48 pm
sup, I dont know if u remember tell'n me to hook up my sound module to da 4k but it worked, and u was right, but what type of mixer and plugs should I get to hear the sounds like u said? Another thing why when I sample something it has horribly bad sound? thanx again.

By Gigaton Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:46 pm
dude you crack me up :)

By dBd Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:52 am
"dude" u got da answers or what.
u got a site or sumwhere where i can hear yo shit, we gone see who's gone be crak'n up

By Gigaton Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:34 am
look before I flame you....nah f*ck it, look I don't want you as a fan so no you can't hear my sh*t. sorry charlie...
Read a book on how to plug x cord into z 1/4" input and get back to me. Plug your guitar in, plug your turntable in, but especially plug your brain in...
sorry kid i normaly don't do this but you begged for it. good luck in life to you.
:roll:

By damixx Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:56 pm
I really don't know what your budget is.

Well if you got the mpc 4000; then you should hook it up to decent equipment.
A very basic inexpensive mixer is the mackie 1604. www.mackie.com; www.musiciansfriend.com; www.samash.com (compare prices)

If you want to go digital there are a dozen options. I love Yamaha mixers; in particular the 01v.

The main outs of your mpc should be plugged into available channels on your mixing boards via 1/4 inch ex: channel 1 and 2. if you have the 8 output expander continue channels 3 - 8. Your sound module should have stereo main outs and 4 more outputs. Plug those outputs to available channels on the mixing board.

If you are desperate and have a dj mixer; get 1/4 inch to rca connectors and plug them to the inputs on your dj mixer. This really doesn't do your equipment justice but good for you to practice till you have the dough for the gear u need.

Peace