Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By skytown Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:04 pm
im in the process of setting up my beats website for selling beats, i was looking into business insurance, and man is it expensive, im just starting out, does any beat makers/producers have business insurance and could tell me how they managed to handle it, i was talking to a few companies and the insurance premiums for my type of business was about 2500 to 5000 dollars. i always read up on other producers and read a few ebooks but they never mention this kind of stuff
By Clint Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:18 pm
Unless you are running a legitimate, incorporated company, I wouldn't worry about 'business insurance'. What do you need insurance for exactly?
By MPCTNT Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:53 pm
Clint wrote:Unless you are running a legitimate, incorporated company, I wouldn't worry about 'business insurance'. What do you need insurance for exactly?

Right, if they don't like the beat, they won't download it. If you have some type of money back guarantee, then they tell you they don't like it and you refund they money... Of course i will refer back to, Listen to preview, and if you don't like it, don't buy it...

As Clint inquired, what are you actually insuring with a beat site?
By Clint Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:07 pm
skytown wrote:i always read up on other producers and read a few ebooks but they never mention this kind of stuff

Probably because they didn't need it.